Photoshop Tutorials (NOT ELEMENTS).

Here's a great set of tutorials on several videos on Youtube. The fellow is a comedian and makes a difficult subject real interesting. I've learned tons watching them. Well worth watching!!

Don't be put off by the title "You Sucks At Photoshop" Most of us really do!!

I can think of a couple of folks who do NOT need encouraging to get better at Photoshop! tanning.gif

I think they use Elements Eric, for normal messing around Photoshop is too expensive and involved. There may be one or two who have it and use it here. Latest version is pretty close to a thousand bucks!! Probably 700 quid or more in the UK with VAT added to it. I paid over $450 for 7.0, and that must have been six years back now.

A few months back I was looking at software for photo retouching and found graphics software in the $30,000 range!!!!! Who spends that sort of cash on software??? I know some of the engineering software to run milling machines etc costs in excess of $100,000, but that's to be expected.

We use a couple of packages here that are in the $30,000 range - one is our accounting software! Then you add on about $5,000/year for the update/service package! We just purchased software to convert "cloud" data to surfaces for import into AutoCAD and that package alone was about $25,000. All of this runs on PCs!

All amazing stuff - but bl@@dy expensive!

I bought "Photoshop 7 for Dummies" Like all the Dummies and Idiots book's, well worth having. The people who write them have been there, done that made all the cockups, so have a wealth of info to pass on to us.

If it's the book I came across a few years back, looked too involved and written for experts!!! I needed something along my lines at the time, beginners written for beginners.

I'm still learning, problem with Photoshop is you haven't grasped everything when they come out with the new version...

7.0 Mick, no point in me upgrading.

Photoshop CS5 varies between nearly $2000 down to just under $1000 depending where a body shops.

He must be using CS5 version, I don't have some of those functions on 7.0.

I've got a copy of CS5 somewhere that member Frank gave me some years back. I never could get it to load properly on the old PC!!

I installed my (original) copy of Photoshop elements onto this new PC and loaded all the photos of the wedding onto it , edited them and sent them on their merry way , no problem. I've been up to the airport today to catch a few shots of the A380 Airbus landing at Manchester for the first time , I came to load them onto PS elements 7 and they wouldn't load!!. tried it two or three times still no joy, Uninstalled PS elements7 still no joy. I loaded them through the windows viewer, then into PS from there , at last thought I, I start to edit them, I try to use "Full Edit" and that won't load!! I tear my hair out and give up.

I've looked on the Adobe forums and it seems I'm not the only one with this problem, it seems it's a common fault when PS has been used on XP and then moved to Win7, apparently they're "looking into it"

I think the CS5 Extended is the latest Photoshop and bloody expensive!! Try the CS5 in the new machine, it's a very involved piece of software so utilize the free tutorials on Youtube.

I've got a copy of CS5 somewhere that member Frank gave me some years back.

That ain't possible, CS5 has only been available since early this year. You must have Photoshop 5 - which isn't the same thing. It gets complicated because Adobe have changed their naming system over the years.

Photoshop 1 - 7 existed from the late 1980s until 2002. Then they started calling it CS1, CS2 etc etc (Creative Suite1, Creative Suite 2 etc) because it is meant to tie in with other Adobe products. So CS1 is effectively Photoshop 8, and so on (are you still following this :rolleyes: ?)

I came to load them onto PS elements 7 and they wouldn't load!!. tried it two or three times still no joy, Uninstalled PS elements7 still no joy. I loaded them through the windows viewer, then into PS from there , at last thought I, I start to edit them, I try to use "Full Edit" and that won't load!! I tear my hair out and give up.

I think you will find that PS Elements 7 is probably too old to work on a new PC. Hence your problem

BTM..... I actually work in Graphic Design and I get paid for using Photoshop (and other stuff) in a big way, which is why I can spout all this stuff

Thinking about it , it was CS3

I've since done a bit of research and it looks to be because my old printer/scanner isn't compatible!! daft I know.

You'll probably find it's cause your printer(If you use one) is more up to date, (Don't ask me why, the explanation I was given is still bouncing round in my head trying to compute!!)

Any way , I slapped Elements 7 on Ebay and it sold in two days for £23!! I've bought Elements 8 and a new all in one Kodak printer , they've both just arrived so we'll see how it goes in a bit !!

You'll probably find it's cause your printer(If you use one) is more up to date, (Don't ask me why, the explanation I was given is still bouncing round in my head trying to compute!!)

Any way , I slapped Elements 7 on Ebay and it sold in two days for £23!! I've bought Elements 8 and a new all in one Kodak printer , they've both just arrived so we'll see how it goes in a bit !!

My printer is a crap Epson (never again) can't even find Win 7 drivers for it cos it is too old !

If I want to print photo's I wander around to Tesco's & get em printed, most (99%) of my photo's are burned to DVD using Proshow Producer to create slideshows.

I've just spent a very productive (Not) hour on the phone to India trying to get my new PS Elements 8 to work. I was having exactly the same problems as with PSE7 , when I rang the other day , our freind in the East wanted £25 plus VAT to fix it for me!! I laughed and said goodbye.

I sold PSE7 on Ebay for £23 bought PS8 for £55 loaded it up to find exactly the same problem!! This time matey boy still wanted to charge me to fix it!! I explained the situation again and he told me it wasn't their problem ( I hadn't even mentioned the printer being a possible problem at this point by the way!!) I told him I would send it back from whence it came when he relented finally realising that it was a new PSE8 that I had.

After 1/2 an hour of me opening and closing various files for him he tracked down the fault!! And blow me it was the Scanner that was causing the problem. Even though I had totally (Or so I thought) uninstalled it, it seems to have left a bit behind!!

Any way a quick before and after from Manchester the other day when the A-380 Airbus came in for the first time:-

4948599320_c103035fd9_b.jpg

and after a quick play

4967926356_a2cbe30210_b.jpg

Now wait whilst I install the new all in one printer, if you hear a few screams eminating from Cheshire you'll know I'm getting a tad frustrated!!

It was taken from the carpark of a business park , just off of Ringway road , as it was total gridlick round there

I knew it was happening in June, but the good old BBC decided to announce it the night before, causing absolute chaos in the area!!

Here's one of it trying to do a balancing act on an aerial and some chimneys!!

4948592230_146e4d808f_b.jpg

• 9 months later...

Software i use for editing Gimp2 its FREE forever & just like the copy of photoshop i lost when my hard drive took a dump lol