1960's Meadows Map (313kb)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THIS photo is 1978, but back around 1965 the building on the left (here it's a Job Centre) used to be a petrol station.

The bobbies would only have been on traffic duty as the traffic lights wouldn't have been working because of the road works. !! Great picture by the way.

Blondie, the 45 went to Wollaton Park. Started at the Globe cinema, then London Road, Lower Parliament Street, Upper Parliament Street, Derby Road, Canning Circus, Derby Road, Middleton Boulevard, tur

Bubble, could you please check in your Kellys and see if the address of Robinsons workshop is shown? It was around the edge of the wholesale market, somewhere around Handel St or Aberdeen St and may be listed under metalworking or fabrication engineers etc.

Thanks mate.

• 2 weeks later...

My grannie lived in Clyde St, off Wilford Rd, where I used to visit when I was quite small. There was a large building along one side of the street, opposite side to the Loco pub. I had an idea it was a cinema but haven't seen mention of it anywhere. The building is marked on the map but no details. Can anyone enlighten?

• 6 months later...

As Arkwright St is now just two completely seperated small bits, I suppose this just applies to the city end. There's only the old Queens Hotel and Barclays still there on the corners, so not much to do. Still, anything to keep the old buildings looking good is welcome news.