You must have seen current ads for a 'Build a Tiger Tank' part-work.

£0.50 for starters, £4.99 a week thereafter.

What they do not say is that it is a committment to 140 instalments making you a proud owner of a model tank for...........£694.11..........and it will take almost 3 years to complete.

Does anyone really complete these models?

I seem to remember starting a similar topic about a Remote control Spitfire that they were trying to sell us about 3 years back, worked out to about £500 without the electronics and remote control stuff to fly it (I'm asuming here that it had an electric engine as there was no petrol one included either) so total would have been nearer £700!! (And no , I didn't even start!! Mind you they're advertising a Di cast model fighter plane collection , first plane Spit mark 5 for £1.99p there after £5.99p!! I just might get 2 copies of the first one for my kids and not bother any more!!

Can any of you remember a similar part-work advertised called "Build the bizmark"? Well this particular one caught my eye, "at least it'll keep me out of the pub" i said to myself trying to avoid eye contact with SWMBO who had noticed i'd gone quiet while watching the tele. Now then, 130+ issues later, £750 lighter in the pocket and god knows how many tubes of superglue later i'm still building the chuffing thing. As for keeping me out of the pub i've probably spent more time there trying to get my head around some difficult instructions then i would normally have. And another thing, i wish i'd had a pound for everytime SWMBO as said "and where do you think you're gonna put that bloody thing when you get around to finishing it, don't think its staying in here" meaning the living room. Well i wear the trousers in our house !rotfl! and i've got every intention of it staying in the living room. The thing is, its about 5ft long and she knows that i know that she's right but i'll cross that bridge when i get to it. For the time being i'll carry on lying on the bed looking at it lovingly as it rests.....yes you've got it, on top of the wardrobe lol. And another thing, its only about 50% done as well.

Rob