I don't know if it's a sign of age, or I've just become a bit pathetic, but when I first watched it a few days ago, I was looking at it very carefully to see if I was in it (during my days as a youngster, of course)

First time I've ever done that, so it's a bit scary to realise that I could now feature in old Nottingham material

Glad you liked it Cliff.

That was from my first trip back to Nottingham after I emigrated to Canada in 1970. Hard to believe it is now 36 years ago.

How I wish I had taken more footage of Nottingham then. I guess you never think of how it will be 36 years later. Most of the rest of the movie is kids /relatives etc. so I did not bother to post that. Could have been anywhere.

Haven't been back since 1997. Sure its changed even more since then.

• 11 years later...

I just came across this video on Youtube, thought I hadn't seen it before and was going to post a link to it....and then discovered I'd done that nearly 12 years ago.

One of the first things I ever did here. Then it was 36 years old; it's now 48 years old. Some of us were still kids in those days.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonderful post @Cliff Ton  filmed the year i left school in April,  and at that time i would of been a 16 year old lad riding racehorses down the leafy lanes of Hampshire,  freezing me nuts off wishing i had an indoor job, and being a little homesick as well  !