Christmas Tree's Gone Up

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah Annesley Red, it could be about the right time to begin shopping for Xmas 2024.

I also used google they surely can't  name the square after a fair ground family, the are so many famous  Nottingham people  more deserving. Is it not a wind up but then councils these days have to much power and very little brain power.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Gem said:

I also used google they surely can't  name the square after a fair ground family, the are so many famous  Nottingham people  more deserving. Is it not a wind up but then councils these days have to much power and very little brain power.

It was a bit tongue in cheek Gem, he as much as owns the square  & the council anyway !!

• Like 2

Well one things for sure,whatever the Nottingham council decide they won't consult the people of Nottingham, Why should they,they never have in the past

Rog

• Like 1

But that's the beauty of our democratic system Rog. You don't like what the Council do then you can show your displeasure and vote them out at the next election, thereby returning a council that will listen to the people and fulfil their wishes! (Yeah, right - cynical smiley face!)

• Like 2

That's great in theory Commo, but it isn't always as easy as that. There are the sheep who can't see any further than the end of their  noses, who constantly vote for the same party no matter what ! 

1 hour ago, catfan said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek Gem, he as much as owns the square  & the council anyway !!

Remember the saying   "many a true word spoken in jest"  get ready to protest.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Commo said:

But that's the beauty of our democratic system Rog. You don't like what the Council do then you can show your displeasure and vote them out at the next election, thereby returning a council that will listen to the people and fulfil their wishes! (Yeah, right - cynical smiley face!)

The council have bought the elections with the student vote.

• Like 2

I contacted the tram company ages ago, with regard to naming a tram after Albert Ball VC. Our local WW1 flying ace. 

As yet, nothing. I wouldn't hold your breath ! 

Maybe more backhanders required....... Allegedly !

• Like 1

That's what I looked at Oz. There were about half a dozen I'd never heard of, but worthy subjects no less.

Its just as well i don't go to sleep early, my grandaughter has just sent me pictures of 8 new born Jack Russel puppies and an excited meassage. I told her she should get some sleep but she said not until they make sure all pups are born, once they leave home they grow up so fast.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 06/12/2017 at 10:38 PM, Michael Booth said:

My neighbour must love Christmas, look how many trees they've got up this year

Here's the view of my little tree, taken from the warm side of my patio door, sitting on the sofa watching the lights twinkle away. Oh, Jingle Bells.......benj!

DSCN0407.jpg

• Like 6
On 12/5/2017 at 6:05 AM, plantfit said:

Nottstalgia members  :rotfl:

Rog

I can see it now!!   Loppylugs in big letters on the side of a tram.   Broken down and blocking traffic for miles around. :rolleyes:

Oh what fun it is to ride......on a one horse open sleigh...........all the way to Bulwell..............:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Christmas Tree's Gone Up