we lived

Guest smithylass

Guest smithylass

Rhyhill street then terrace...

and where we lives was a twitchel that led up to Arkwright street,i am sure when u came out the twitchell on the left was a barbers????

but it was a long time ago... :(

Friends Hi smithylass isn't it quiet on here, it's taking all my time to keep awake. Friends

Friends I've got to agree with you there when you say "it was a long time ago'.

Friends Every now and then i go back to were i was brought up in Bilborough, just to have a look at the old homestead and to see if it has changed any, but alas it's still standing. It's been 42 years since we moved from their to where i am now, and as the old song say's "it don't seem a day to long'. Aint it funny how things look now from when you were younger. I was a bit of a bu99er when i was a child, bit of a handfull but never cheaky or disrespectful just a lad being a boy. I remember i use to be quite good at catching balls and throwing them too, we lived at that time in a close and in the middle of that close was a large grassy island which we played games on, even though there was a large notice saying "No Ball Games Allowed. No one ever took any notice of that notice and i supose it's the same today.

victory Anyway getting back to how things look now from when you were younger, i use to think that i had a real good throwing arm, and i could throw a tennis ball clear over that grassy island, which at the time, i thought, that was good. But looking at that grassy island today i can see that it wasn't that great a deal.

Kiss Thank you for listening to me Smithylass, and i hope that in the near future others will come and read this reply and say to themselves BiP must have been really lonely all by himself that night on the forum.. Kiss

:lol: silly bu99er,not only lonely but talking to yourself too :o I often feel like that Den,in the mornings when you lot are tucked up in bed & i'm looking for inspiration, is there anyone on here....................NO!!!! so get used to it,I have. It's not so bad, at least you can get a word in without being interupted until the next day!!

Caz victory

• 2 weeks later...
Rhyhill street then terrace...

and where we lives was a twitchel that led up to Arkwright street,i am sure when u came out the twitchell on the left was a barbers????

but it was a long time ago... :(

can't recall there ever being much to the left of the twitchel, at least not during the sixties or early seventies. the only barbers I remember was on Kirkby street, who specialized in two disciplines, namely a short back 'n' sides and the Boston. you always knew when you'd paid him a visit as the head would be numb from the drone and vibration of the clippers, and the back of the head would feel like a lavatory brush, the bonus though was the pomade which he would apply after cutting, it would leave the head smelling very sweet, but alas only for a short length of time. :rolleyes: