Notts have won the County Championship!

...by virtue of taking three quick wickets at Old Trafford, and levelling their points tally with Somerset.

Notts win the title as they have won more matches during the season...

Cheers

Robt P.

ditto the congratulations, never was a cricket fan though, never been to a match. Only memory I have re such was getting some of Aussie team autographs when I was a kid in 1950's when (god knows why!) they visited The Mayfair Manufacturing Company (they made knickers) on Nottingham Road New Basford! still recall their green blazers and them daft hats.

• 7 years later...

Notts CCC have won promotion to Div 1 in the last match of the season. Brilliant ! Three trophies in one season. 

Rob237 would be over the moon......... The drink would be flowing uncontrollably in Bingham tonight ! 

I'll have one for you Bob.

That's great, thought they were going to lose out on promotion in this final match.  Brilliant for the team and a fantastic send-off for Chris Read, hope he enjoys his retirement. 

• Upvote 1

Ready really pulled out all the stops in his last match. What a way to bow out. 

Well I certainly hope that this much maligned City Council can redeem some credibility by organising a civic reception for the NCCC players after their amazingly successful season, and the retirement of club captain, Chris Read. 

They've done something in the past for Forest and Torville & Dean, so I'd just love to be in the market square sometime soon cheering on our cricket club.