Nottingham - things we have lost

Seems we have lost eleven days of posts too!! I just hope Mick has made a recent backup.

thats why you were absent on Sunday !!!!

No...that was the cars fault...The belt off the alternator vanished...got a new one on it now....so whens the next ??

And i did lose most of the 70s

Teenagers dressing warmly in the winter! We stayed in the middle of Nottingham on one of our trips over, [it was December] and walked round the town at night. All the teen girls were in strappy tops etc, and not a coat or cardi to be seen. I guess when you go clubbing, a coat is the last thing you want to be lumbered with.

That reminds me of the recent "Platex" conference where one of the 'Boffins' revealed he had invented a new type of bra , which not only stopped the breasts from wobbling, it also stopped protruding nipples, even in the coldest of weathers.

The rest of the conference members took him outside and kicked his head in !

• 3 months later...

The smog when the trolley buses stopped running and I had to walk from the city to Bulwell coughing my guts up!!!

And of course Shippo's ale!!!

As regards the peas, cockles etc, I never had them in Vicky center but had many in the old Central Market..now that was a place that is missed!!

Owdtite.

Ah Shipstones..............anagram,Honest p1$$!

• 5 years later...

Exchange Arcade was never of any interest after the demise of Burton's. My dad's all time favourite shop. It was worth going in just for the aromas of so many different exotic spices, products and coffees. My mother always said the smell didn't compare with The Oriental Cafe but I'm too young to remember that. Nice to know there are still some things I'm too young for....as well as my pension!

• Like 1

Jumping off the open rear platform of a motorbus or trolley bus at the Mansfield Road / Forest Road traffic lights to save a bit of the walk home

Did that going up Westdale Lane opposite Welbeck Avenue.

• 1 year later...