Remember Mick Morrell (Mog) ?

Do you remember anything of Mick (Michael Anthony) Morrell sometime known as Mog.

Born June 1946. Went to Padstow school; left there and never went to art school as he should have done but ended up working on the buildings, then for Players in the late sixties/seventies.

He went from being a bit of a rocker (messed about with bikes with a mate called John Crackle) to being a bit of a mod, if this is possible, and then a hippy.

Played bass in a band called the Pepperlids in the sixties.

Lived up Bestwood estate then moved down to Burns Street (near Arboretum?)

Married in 1970ish to a lass called Jane (she was a bit posh so probably Jayne or even Gaynor)

That's about all I remember of him. If you have any memories, his brother would be really chuffed to hear from you.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

I know a Tony Morrell who is in his late 60's now.

I knew a Tony Morrell who was an electrician for the COOP in the late 60's,

would be that age

That's the same feller, worked at Clifton Colliery for ten years where he started work, managed to get a "late apprenticeship" as an electrician. He's on my FB friends list if you want to contact him.

• 2 weeks later...

Ayup there,

Picture (hopefully) of MICK MORRELL around 1970 getting married to Jane / Gaynor (?) somewhere in Nottm.

previous to this he had Billy Fury style haircut in early '60s which became a Beatles moptop. In this picture it seems more than a little bit "Let it be" style.

Does this jog any memeories?

post-3025-076445800 1287239420_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Spoke to John Crackle a couple of days ago and he would love to get in touch with Mogs brother.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Thought i 'd 'Bump' this,as its gone very quiet on the Forum last day or two............Yes i knew Mick Morrell and John Crackle from my school days on Bestwood Estate at Padstow,.......i remember em both being nice lads but i never mixed with em,them being ayear younger than me,and never remember them being interested in Sport which i used to live for.

Last saw Mickwhen he came in Marsdens for his Mams grocerys in 1960,and remember John Crackle's Dad gardening on a big plot corner of Gainsford cres. and Teviot road.

Noticed someone who joined the site a few weeks ago who used to live on Leybourne,who as yet to make a post,he would definatly know them quite well,..........come on ........speak up mate..........................