Just gone steaming through Radcliffe on Trent, didn't even know it was due! looked great, first time I've seen it in it's LMS "working" black paintjob, pulling I think 14 coaches plus junk and the back, (a class 67) should be back through tonight in opposite direction, will try and find out at what time ,

300px-6233_Duchess_of_Sutherland_hauling_the_Yorkshire_Coronation_to_Scarborough.jpg

She certainly looks superb...

Strangely,seems to have a newly acquired nameplate crest, which were only fixed to 'City' versions of the class.

The black livery returning in tonight's darkness might be a visual challenge :rolleyes:

Cheers

Robt P.

Interesting that she is booked for water at Connington, more usually done further north.

Whilst the itinerary looks quite excellent - thanks for the link - I'm curious why she has been on the same route to KX at least 6 times this summer, when none of the several A4's seem to have taken the same trip, via Nottingham!

Reckon they would be even more of an attraction, with the return to their old stamping grounds to Kings Cross...

Cheers

Robt P.

She certainly looks superb...

Strangely,seems to have a newly acquired nameplate crest, which were only fixed to 'City' versions of the class.

The black livery returning in tonight's darkness might be a visual challenge :rolleyes:

Cheers

Robt P.

Close-up of the name plate & crest (before repaint)

2008DuchessofSutherland.jpg

That explains alot Ashley. Took the dog across the fields last night and saw her coming off the main line at about 1.30am and she didn't sound in the best of health.