Quoting the previous post

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what Mick has missed pointing out, this site is not on a free server, Mick has to pay, the larger the data file, the more it will cost to keep up and running, hence the "Please don't quote" ru

Many forums will probably purge older topic to cut down on the size of their database. The whole point of this forum is that the older the post, the more important it is.

If the man with deep pockets 'aint moaning - why are you?    

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have just tried to add a Quote from an old Thread "What did we look like" on to "The Dungeon Club. I am not sure how to do this and ended up copying and pasting. Resulting in the text all being highlighted. A bit of a mess really. Is it possible to quote from old posts in other Threads. I have never learnt how to use the Quote button properly and I am hoping someone can run through the procedure for me. Thank you for any tips.

Carni you could always paste the message you want to quote into Notepad . It is the basic word processing program on your 'puter.This will strip off any unnecessary coding from the text and stop the whole thing being highlighted .

Then copy and paste the text from Notepad into your new message . To distinguish it either convert it into italics or put it in inverted commas or highlight it in a different colour ?

• Upvote 1

Hit the quote button

Copy the quote

CTRL + A (Selects all text)

CTRL + X (copies and removes quote from old thread)

Paste quote on reply in new thread

CTRL + V

• Upvote 1

I have just tried to add a Quote from an old Thread "What did we look like" on to "The Dungeon Club. I am not sure how to do this and ended up copying and pasting. Resulting in the text all being highlighted. A bit of a mess really. Is it possible to quote from old posts in other Threads.

If you are just quoting from the thread you are in,

1. Click on "Quote" in the post you want to quote from. The bit you are quoting will appear in your reply box.

2. Move your cursor down so that it isn't in the same quoted box, and start writing your own comment.

To quote from one thread into another, use the "Multiquote" button.

1. Go to the thread you want to quote from, and click on the "Multiquote" button. You'll see a black box appear in the bottom right corner.

2. Go away from that thread and go to the thread you want to put the quote into. The black box will still be there.

3. In the thread you are going into, click on the black box which has stayed there.

4. Then type in your new message.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that,i'll try it,my problem is being new to computers i'm worried about 'breaking it'...i once tried to forward a blue joke to a pal by text and somehow sent it to an old Aunt who was a very straight laced Church goer.I was mortified when i realised what i had done,next time i visited her i tried to apologise,she said she never recieved it,i'm sure she was just being kind to me.Bless her.

• Upvote 1

I was just reminiscing about the clothes we used to wear in our young teen days before we went out into the world and earned a wage,no stretch denim in those days to get our jeans tight we would lay in the bath in the jeans to shrink them, and split the seams at the ankle and taper them ,sewing them together while wearing them, we had to undo them to take them off,skirts tapered so tight it was impossible to get up steps on the bus,i remember having to jump up the steps on the waltzers at the fair down Neddo,a great laugh,We used to put studs across the back of our panther jackets giving our names,hoops in our under skirts to make our skirts stick out and if you sat on the hoop up went the skirt at the front...never did it on purpose honest,also sugar water to starch them as well,baseball boots and tight skirts,really classy gals,and a beehive so high it took a packet of grips and bottle of pompadour lacquer to keep it there,and to finish for now WHAT ABOUT THE WHIRLPOOL BRAS GIRLS,you think you look dead cool until you look down and see you have a DENT on the end of each bosom,oh the shame.LOL

Thank you CliffTon I tried your method, I will practice Mick and Davids Next.

Follow on from

Nottingham...

Just Practicing I Think I'v Got It, By Jove, I Think I'v Got It!

I just did Davids method and it worked (I didn't bother to Post)

Only Micks left to master!

Carnie' just go and watch the football,and stop buggering about,dear oh dear,

• Upvote 3