Notts County – Graveyard of Managers

Seeing as how the oldest bunch of erks that kick a piece of cow around the meadow come from Nottingham...................etc.................. slywink

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope hes ''in the mood for dancing''...........

For all leagues, surely promotion and relegation should only be applied in cases of mathematical certainty. The rest should just be null and void and start afresh next year

Well done Notts, enjoy your trip to Wembley.

the news they're getting a new manager who has never done it before.

Part of a modern trend I am afraid.

They are going to employ new Chief Constables, candidates who will have no police background!

Here's a poser for yer! Can anyone remember if two football clubs from the same City have been manager less at the same time.......I can't!!!

• 3 years later...

Can't do any worse. We haven't progressed since the demise of Terry, Lampard and Gerrard for Gods sake.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think that Hardy should relinquish his position, because he's hardly going to emerge from this fiasco smelling of roses is he ?

Neil Ardley ? 'Ardley a big name. He's got my sympathy.

An old farmer friend was a lifelong County fan. So much so that he drove his tractor with loader to Meadow Lane one winter’s afternoon to clear the snow from the pitch for an important match. He used to supply home reared beef and pork to the players. Sam Allardyce was a good customer- he liked to eat his meat raw! He was upset when Gary Brazil took over. He was not a red meat man  - just fish and chicken. Sadly he hung himself in an outbuilding but all the County team turned up for the funeral.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The owners gave Neal Ardley a good crack of the whip and backed him to the hilt but his tactics simply weren't bringing the results. I thought he might last until the end of the season but he ran out of road.

On paper the new man is a good appointment now let’s see if he can get the underperformers  to pull their fingers out. Notts look to be doing OK but for the investment that's been made they should be smashing this league. 
I'm excited. Watch this space.