The signs for the Brian Clough Way are about to go up on the A52.

All I can say is: what about Peter Taylor? He was one half of the team that won First Division Championships at Derby and Forest and equally deserving of recognition.

Cheers,

Bamber

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Peter Taylor 25 years today. A disgrace that his role at the club has been ignored for so long, renaming the main stand long overdue.

You'll know when your there it's a way of life out there! U-reds.

Peter Taylor died 24 years ago today, rest in peace a true legend.

Friends Whereabouts are they erecting the signs bamber ? Friends

Friends I must agree with ya there bamber, Peter Taylor should have some recognition. Friends

Friends Whereabouts are they erecting the signs bamber ? Friends

Friends I must agree with ya there bamber, Peter Taylor should have some recognition. Friends 

The A52 between Bramcote Island (Toton) and Pentagon Island (Derby) is being renamed. The first signs are going-up in Derby.

BTW they have opened an appeal to raise money for a BC statue somewhere. So far they've raised £60K. A pathetic amount given the time elapsed and the huge amounts of money in footballers' (even if Forest are now in the 3rd Div) wallets. <_<

Cheers,

Bamber 100% Nottingham but 100% Ram Fan :lol:

Friends I'm suprised mick hasn't said owt about those signs considering he drives down there everyday..bamber.. Shock

• 2 months later...

I drive from Cole Lane, just before Spondon, into Derby.

There is one opposite pride park.

I think there is also a sign at Bardills island?

brian_clough_way_sign_01_gallery_460x300.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/

I wonder if the other end says "Linking Nottingham and Derby"?

I have to say I am rather disappointed by the new signage for the Brian Clough Way. I was hoping for something that had a stronger graphic style - imagine how the Americans would do a Vince Lombardi Way - rather than just another boring street sign.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

How many more times is this going to come up.

Were not bothered where Robin was BORN, but it's Nottingham where he made his name.

Columbus was born in Italy, but it's America he's famed for.

Get it ?

Good Heavens! Are you serious? I'm not! Now in the days of Noah's Ark, all the animals had to relieve themselves somewhere and it got to a point where the poor old ark was overloaded, so the by product was shovelled over the side and there was so much crap, it rose above the waves. A few centuries later, Columbus came along and ran into this bit of land sticking up wereno1 and it turns out that---------

Hey, I'm an American. Do you mind. I'll jump over there and rip out your......... Only joking. LOL. I do like the US though.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Peter Taylor's role in their success at The Rams and subsequently at Forest has never been properly recognized.

I get quite annoyed when I hear him described as Brian Clough's assistant. Cloughie was the media's darling but Taylor was the man who spotted the talent in youngsters or saw the potential in apparent write-offs.

• Upvote 1

I totally agree with all your comments regarding Peter Taylor, It was a long time coming. It must have been heartbreaking for Peter Taylor's family to constantly read about Brian Clough making Nottingham Forest into a great Club, a Club who won back to back European Cups and a long list of other honours, with Peter Taylor mentioned as an afterthought. Make no mistake, Brian Clough, in my opinion, was one of the best managers in the World but it was with Peter Taylor that he achieved what he did. Together they gave me some of the best memories of my life as I was there to see it all.

• Upvote 3

Brian Clough was great, but then he was a Geordie and I love all Geordies......