Where is everyone!!!!

I was looking forward to the weekend, having more time n that, hoping to see some activity!!! ;) Everyone is obviously off doing things far more interesting!

We have family arriving from Nottingham tomorrow. Staying for 2 weeks. Give us chance to catch up on ay up me ducks!!! and asyerfather!!!! tease

Come home everyone and start tapping!!!! Friends

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There seems to be quite a few comments concerning the lightweight nature of posts and threads. However, am I just being daft, or isn't the site the sum of the contributions from members? If it's becom

...and a large number of others who used to post frequently.  I've said it before, and it's been said by many others, but this new format has seriously reduced the activity on the site. A smaller numb

Hi All have not been on the site for a while but I do agree with you about the new concept. I my self do not like it (come back old site) but on this site we have something that other sites don't

yahoo

Hi Darcy.

The site is a bit quiet at the minute, hopefully it will get busier as the weather cools down.

Enjoy your visitors for the coming fortnight, it will give you chance to catch up.

A crazy

Cheers Both,

Thanks for pic, if you have any more would love to see them. We are moving back next June. Seems so far away but have loads to do and sort out. Looking forward to a decent curry and real fish 'n' chips!!!!!

Kiss

• 11 years later...
1 hour ago, iandawson said:

Where is Gibbo,Eileen H,Beeston Mick,Catfan,Redbowen, Bubblewrap, Blondie,Hippo,Darkazana, Sue C,Dave 48,Bulwell Brian,?

...and a large number of others who used to post frequently.  I've said it before, and it's been said by many others, but this new format has seriously reduced the activity on the site. A smaller number of people are making a smaller number of posts. On an average day there's nowhere near the number of posts which used to appear every day. Log in and the first thing you see is a list of posts to a word game, and a list of "gave reputations". That's enough to put anybody off.

The number of threads active at any given time is minimal; start a new thread and it quickly disappears off the front page, never to be seen again. The conversational threads (and 'banter') have dried up because there aren't many people taking part in them.

It's a vicious circle; fewer posts mean there's less to look at, which means there's no point in looking, which results in fewer people, which means there's fewer posts.

• Upvote 6

Can we do a promotional drive Benj??..I'm sure in Marsdens you built those pyramid shapes with Ye Olde Oak Ham or Glenynrik pilchards..two for one?

Edit:

Agree Cliff,miss the banter...Hippo,i miss for great humour,Bubblewrap and all that knowledge!

No one seems to delve into the 50/60/70 section anymore or the areas dept..

This latest activities seems to be a buffer.

Not many new topics.lately........was good when you could see at a glance all the latest topics in a box,......agree Ian bit of a Sales push needed eh,....................perhaps (dare I say it) .........one or two contraversional topics ?..............used to start new topics,but people get fed up hearing the same peoples thoughts........looking back early days twas always the same folk,and got on me nerves.........the only answer is more members who open their Gobs a bit...............think ive said enough,best shurup..............

• Upvote 2

We'd be here all night Jill................and even you would get bored with me......lol..................

• Upvote 1

Peoples stories are very important!.. I do recall Littebro posted a picture of his Dad(?) before a campaign in WW2.

I really enjoy memoirs of folk..my life/Nottm story is very limited.. I have a good memory- but there is a limit to record shops and Mansfield Road.

Ian, there's not that many on here who are older than me, and I think National Service was no longer happening when I was 17 so there may not be many stories.....  would be interesting though

#15 Jill...................had to look it up.......'Paramours'................. indeed................... some were legal...........lol.

• Upvote 1

You young thing Margie!!

Yes I understand, our Albert's train tales of time gone by were superb.

I think a 'bonding' session is needed- a meet-up next year could be a fun fishing trip...Terry ( Peveril) could be master of ceremonies.. followed by a hearty feed and a few jars...could get us back on track...bowling...if some of us are squeamish!

I am the same Ian, My life in Nottm ended before I was nineteen, so I didn't spend much grown up time there and I have long since put all of my memories on NS. The amount of information I have learnt on NS has been a great comfort to me. Pictures of places from my memories have been found for me and puzzles solved.

Particularly the wedding photo,which I always thought was taken outside the church on Mansfield rd opposite the forest in the 1950s, with a bit of detective work from CliffTon and others  it turned out to be the church hall opposite Vicarage St on Alfred St North.That meant a lot to me.

I love to read the posts put on by Nottstalgians still living in Nottingham, any thing topical,but  living so far away, I can only read and not add to the conversations. Keep posting everyone, we have something special here.

• Upvote 4

I'm sure many regular Nottstalgians like myself take a quick look now and again throughout the day without actually logging on, hence all the 'Guests' that appear on the Online User List.  I agree totally with CliffTon's comments and I think that it was definitely a change for the worse.  However, we've now got what we've got and suppose we put up with it or disappear and lose a great bunch of cyber mates.  But I'm bored!    At least there's the Roebuck meet-up to look forward to next week eh.

• Upvote 1