Where is everyone!!!!

Crap system, totally boring topics. Yes Lizzie, there's definitely no incentive nowadays to even log on. I'm bored too with the constant inane drivel. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There seems to be quite a few comments concerning the lightweight nature of posts and threads. However, am I just being daft, or isn't the site the sum of the contributions from members? If it's becom

...and a large number of others who used to post frequently.  I've said it before, and it's been said by many others, but this new format has seriously reduced the activity on the site. A smaller numb

Hi All have not been on the site for a while but I do agree with you about the new concept. I my self do not like it (come back old site) but on this site we have something that other sites don't

I have been derided in the past for constantly partaking in the word and song games, but at least they instilled some interest.

As I've said several times previously, if anyone finds a topic boring or uninteresting, then just don't read them. 

Of course, the new format is responsible for a lot of the unrest as Lizzie so rightly says, but we're stuck with it.

Also, the incessant patronising back slapping certainly gets somewhat nauseous at times. Again, I find it ironic that myself or others post a good interesting and informative piece and is overlooked in the 'like' stakes for a flippant one liner . 

I think there are a number of factors at work here.

1. The new format has intimidated some who may not now return.

2.  Proximity to Christmas may be keeping some busier than usual

3.  speaking for myself.  I left Nottingham years ago but have had many good memories revived by this site.  However I cannot add much new content in the way of things happening now.

4  Fear of controversy.  Politics and religious topics are essentially taboo.  I know I come dangerously close at times but try to avoid such.

Eg.  Recent comments about the US election.  I really didn't feel I could say much about it even though I live here as my comments could be conceive of as political and the thread locked there were some veiled references to that possibility.

I certainly don't have much in the way of answers except to say that it has been my observation that numerous forums I have been on have periods of slowness.  They usually pick up again.

• Upvote 1

Your final point probably 'nails' it Loppy.

Col

But NWBW is more difficult to follow because it is on Facebook and involves constant scrolling unless you've posted something and therefore get notifications.  There are just too many photos being posted on there anyway - it was clogging up my newsfeed and I've had to stop following it.... it was wasting too much of my time!  I prefer NS but there aren't many people participating these days, I agree.  FLY, I expect  I'm partly to blame for the 'inane drivel' ...... I'm  sorry.  (But only a bit!!)

• Upvote 1

No way Margie. You're a rare voice of sanity in an ever increasing world of twaddle, irritating and flippant off hand remarks, sickness and ailments and I must say, a rising amount of unnecessary smut. I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but even slightly smutty banter is uncalled for in my mind. 

Maybe im just having an off day, week, month, .........

• Upvote 2

Not heard of that forum,dont do much fb load of crap mostly I don't need to know when someone has picked their nose or scratched their bum.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Again, I find it ironic that myself or others post a good interesting and informative piece and is overlooked in the 'like' stakes for a flippant one liner . 

That's not just here . On our local Cornish nostalgic Facebook sites , I have spent hours researching historic stories and finding suitable images and they get a few "likes" and very little in the way of comments .

If no picture , a topic is virtually ignored .This is from groups with 8000 members .

A few weeks ago a chap posted an inane photo of a Mason Cash pottery mixing bowl with the caption , "Did your Mum have one of these ?" . The board went mad , got nearly 500 likes and hundreds of comments . 

I don't research stories for "recs" , I enjoy doing it , however it does make you feel you are wasting your time .

• Upvote 1

Exactly Dave. I'm all for a bit of fun, amusement and joviality, but it does make you wonder where some folk are coming from. 

This forum continues to entertain me Im very often looking back on whats gone before ,its a mine of info,if you google search anything bout Nottm you can guarantee the forum will pop up with the answer.

Life and technology doesn't stand still we all get used to it in the end.

Like Carni, i no longer live in Nottm and NS is priceless for keeping me in touch with my home town.

I squint at Midlands Today now and again...but it's on at a busy time.

Since joining this forum,my visits to Nottm have been given a new lease of life....thanks to Nottstalgia!

The meet-up and social side is brilliant... under normal circumstances i would not have met these people.

Lizzie,Catfan and so many have gone from 'cyber' to firm ' actual' friends!

The smörgåsbord of this site is very special.

Seeing as how this topic was started in 2005.........just shows nowts really changed.................

The social side is obviously not everyone's cup of tea as the numbers at meetings seem to be dwindling by all accounts. 

Maybe it's just a reflection of people's requirements from the forum !

Phil,...........ive only met 14 of the others...........and none turned out to be a disappointment in fact the opposite........which surprised me.............

The meets invariably revolve around maybe five or six members, and to those involved, is a bonus to their forum activities. 

It's  the forums future I'm concerned with.

I've been coming on here more than usual, in the hope of catching something of interest before it disappears. At the moment on the activity page there are fifteen topic titles for " Where is everyone ?". Surely there should be just one, with the latest contributions listed beneath it? And quite why you have to wait 8 seconds before you do a search when the previous one found nothing ? I'm sure there's a few of us who would chuck a few quid in if a better package could be sourced.