Where is everyone!!!!

Hi All

have not been on the site for a while but I do agree with you about the new concept. I my self do not like it (come back old site) but on this site we have something that other sites don't have even though we never see each other, the banter and friendliness of all of us is like a huge family, At the last meet up it was good to put faces to name's. It was my first meet up and I relay enjoyed it. Please!!!  Please !!! keep putting new topics on their must be lot's of subject's that we have not covered.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ADDMIN STAFF FOR THE GREAT WORK THAT THEY DO"

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all members

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There seems to be quite a few comments concerning the lightweight nature of posts and threads. However, am I just being daft, or isn't the site the sum of the contributions from members? If it's becom

...and a large number of others who used to post frequently.  I've said it before, and it's been said by many others, but this new format has seriously reduced the activity on the site. A smaller numb

Hi All have not been on the site for a while but I do agree with you about the new concept. I my self do not like it (come back old site) but on this site we have something that other sites don't

Oh Lord, hangon with all these Christmas wishes, I've only just opened my Advent calendar. 

Lindor........... No Carni, all for meeeeeeee !

• Upvote 2

Enjoy FLY2 life is too short

Merry Christmas.

Well after seeing all these Christmas adverts on tv, I'm ready for my slap up dinner !

There seems to be quite a few comments concerning the lightweight nature of posts and threads. However, am I just being daft, or isn't the site the sum of the contributions from members? If it's becoming more Nottstrivia than Nottstalgia, whose fault is that? Members must surely look to themselves.

Folk are still complaining about the new format, yet others point out the information overload and lack of usability on similar sites elsewhere. Yes, it's different to the old format but I personally find no fundemental issues, I can see everything that's been posted and I only respond to stuff that interests me. 

When new members join, just consider whether this site is as welcoming as you'd like to think or whether it might appear a mutual-admiration society, run for the benefit of a fairly small minority.  

Just some stuff to mull over....the site is what we make it....

• Upvote 7

Coming back to the issue of the 'like' button for a moment.  I have no problem with it.  I tend to use it as others have said as a way to let a previous poster know that I saw and agreed with their post.  Rather than writing a repetitive one line response.  If they get a lift out of getting a 'like' so much the better.

As TBI said the site is the sum of member contributions.  A one liner is often quite enough but it can add to the overall movement of the thread.

• Upvote 2

Things seem to have calmed down recently, so let's all just get on with making this site work for us all.

I must agree regarding trivia, and so called sharp and amusing quips. Do they really add anything to the topic ?

Invariably not in my mind. Is it that important that someone has managed to mow the lawn, do their dinner, or where their kids have been today. Mostly it's just twaddle and superfluous nonsense and I tend to dismiss it instantly. 

I appreciate that I'm probably as guilty as others, but where does one draw the line? 

Seem to be back on track?...the crew maybe a bit diminished.. but whoever we all are ..we kinda fit together.

For my part as a member on here, i will continue to post my Nottm memories and respond to others who also do.

Just lke to point out, with reference to 'small talk', 'trivia' 'superfluous nonsense' etc.,that his thread is in a section of this site called 'Owt Abaaht Nowt', which, as is clearly indicated, is specifically set aside for 'off topic' chat and small talk. So, whilst acknowledging that the specific topic of this thread is 'Where is Everyone?', it seems to me that anyone not wishing to read 'small talk', is not obliged to do so.

This site covers a very wide range of interests.  I personally ignore many areas which don't interest me, or to which I have nothing to add.

Col

I have edited #87.

On 12/3/2016 at 1:11 AM, FLY2 said:

Things seem to have calmed down recently, so let's all just get on with making this site work for us all.

I must agree regarding trivia, and so called sharp and amusing quips. Do they really add anything to the topic ?

Invariably not in my mind. Is it that important that someone has managed to mow the lawn, do their dinner, or where their kids have been today. Mostly it's just twaddle and superfluous nonsense and I tend to dismiss it instantly. 

I appreciate that I'm probably as guilty as others, but where does one draw the line? 

"Nah settle dahn lads, tek theesens dahn to pub and sink a few cowd uns" It's nearly Christmas and thou don't want to upset me, "nah thee won't want to upset me, nah would thee, nah shake hands and buy each other a couple of beers and behave"

• Upvote 1

I like "Owt Abaaht Nowt" because it gives me the opportunity to wallow in general nostalgia, my favourite subject.  I hope that other members don't find my posts too dull, off topic or boring - I should hate to think that I am guilty of being too trivial or at worst, a waste of space :)

• Upvote 2

Well I don't think your posts are boring or trivial Compo. I really enjoy reading and looking at the fantastic photos you put on here.  You've gone a long way from Daybrook!  

• Upvote 2

Thank you Lizzie.  Whenever I see posts criticizing the posting of trivia etc I begin to feel a little paranoid in case I am guilty of said offence.

There's good trivia and not so good trivia Compo, and yours definitely comes in the good category. Well done.

• Upvote 2