We got the Snow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In olden days we got ten foot of snow & everyone just gorronwivit!

We have sun in the summer, so why not snow in winter................... Luv it, makes my garden look like everyone elses....

Me cousins from Lenton Sands ........ if we built this today we would need planning permission?  

It's snowing now with more forecast for the next week, when the wind gets up we will have drifts and blocked roads. We are not snowed in yet, but it we are expecting to be shortly.

Here in Shetland most people always have a good of stock supplies at home during the winter, and being snowed in is not a problem if it's only for a few days.

What we don't look forward to is the power cuts, we have had two already this winter. The overhead power lines are vulnerable to combined heavy snow and gales.

On the positive side, when it is white over, the days appear longer.

Nowt here, just a savage frost so bad that it's frozen the bottle of cider that I put outside the back door to keep cool.

My concern is that tomorrow I shall be up a scaffold all day in Dunmow High Street trying to do some lead flashing, I'll probably freeze to death.

Plenty of snow in Lincolnshire now, fell over in it yesterday, spent this morning in A&E spend the next 6 weeks in plaster, oh bother!!!

Rog

Bottom of right leg, off to Scotland for Christmas so should be no problem wearing a kilt

Rog

ps Thanks for your kind thoughts

Christmas break I like, !rotfl!

On limping into the A&E dept this morning the nurse and receptionist were trying to guess what my problem was the first one asked "is it your shin?" no say's I, second one asked "is it your foot?" no say's I they both asked "what is it then?" I said it was my wrist we had a good laugh and I was seen to straight away, must have thought I had damaged my head as well

Cheers

Rog

yes hope things go ok, re the foot/shin/wrist etc, funny you should say such but used to be "tramp" (not seen him for about 10 years) who used to walk miles around Nottm, terrible limp, used to look in agony, can't recall exactly but his medical condition was something to do with his arm or shoulder blade!

I can remember seeing him too Ashley, used to wear a big overcoat and carry a bag, every time he swung one of his feet forwards he had a terribly pained look on his face, by gum that were a long time ago

Rog

None as yet Pete, although I have to go back to A&E tomorrow to have this one cut off and a new full cast put on so I should get a few then, (must look round for a Greene King sticker to put on it !rotfl! ) sorry Pete, thanks for your concern though.

Cheers mate

Rog

A bit more snow here overnight and it's continued all day , but it's not really settling. (There's not enough down to have a snowball fight!!)

Got about two feet on the ground now with more to follow later, been snowing on and off most of the day and now the wind has picked up it's starting to drift, oh well a nice warm hospital waiting room tomorrow for a couple of hours

Rog

Have just heard, from someone who works on County Council roads, that there has been almost two feet of snow around Mansfield and there is a losing battle to keep the A614 open at Leapool and the A60, beyond Ravenshead.

A considerable snowfall here in Bingham...

Cars still being driven past my bungalow as if it is mid-July!

I'm located at a T-junction and, within the last hour, two such idiots have slid whilst making the turn - and finished up within a short distance of my brickwork...

Rog:

Sorry to read of your accident...a fall from your sled fitted 3-wheeled settee would have been less painful :rolleyes:

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery...

Cheers

Robt P.

Saw a cameraman fall over just now, I think his white balance must have gone!

(One for the photograpers out there!!)