Am reasearchin my family for a book I am writing.

Thomas PERRY born 1788 married Ann Walker in Lenton in 1808

They had 6 children; William Henry, Alfred, Mary Ann, Frances, Reuben and George

I am descended from William Henrys side.

The Perrys were big in lace in the 1800s. They built the big factory known as The Boulevard Works

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards

Michael Perry

• 10 years later...

A bit late in the day but you may still get to read this if's it's of any help whatsoever!  In 1970 I worked for Mrs Perry (widow) who had a lingerie factory on Russell Street.  The top 3rd? floor was the pattern cutting room - Delia did the laying up of the material and then cutting out the pattern. Samples were made up by Janet the machinist - a lot of the samples were for M&S - the label in the under garments were Perrico.  Mrs Perry's son John did the ordering of stock.  I think they lived at Lowdham.  The ground floor was the office and a small canteen. The first floor was the machinists/ironing & packing dept.  The second floor was a different company making lace items such as dolls in pretty dresses, night dress cases etc.   I know because I used to go every morning collecting the orders for bacon or sausage rolls for break time!

• Like 2

Great example of delayed response !

Unfortunately MJPerry who made the original post hasn't been back here since 2010 so I suspect he might not see your reply, but it's the thought that counts. This might be the same person.    https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=399850.0

I wonder if he ever wrote his book.