Wot u Doin' for Chrimbo'?

!cheers! Having a traditional Christmas?

!cheers! going away?

!cheers! Hiding away?

..................... thumbsdown or Bah Humbug?

Tell us what your doing........................ thumbsup

Here for Christmas , (SWMBO working in the afternoon) Maybe the inlaws boxing day (2 miles other side of town) if they don't go down 'The Smoke' to see my sister in law instead. SWMBO working on the 27th.Then over to my mums for Dec 28th, 29th, and 30th. Here for new year .

Sort of had the celebration bit - son and two grownup grandchildren came up from Oxfordshire on Sunday and we had

Christmas Dinner !hungr! & presents etc on Tuesday !cheers! then they went on to Scotland yesterday.

Quiet now until New Year.

Found out yesterday, not only am I working right through the Christmas Period!

Bur that I am also on call cover Christmas Night and Boxing Night!

Now where did I put that bottle of Country Manor!

• 9 years later...

Question? Will Christmas be an event this year. Talk of....yes ok....no not this year. Until it comes round nobody knows.

I think Christmas will be a non event this year. I'm quite looking forward to avoiding all the festive nonsense. I've requested chop, chips and beans for Christmas dinner but my request has been refused. We have a table that can be extended to seat 10. We'll sit at opposite ends, socially distanced.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Christmas is a pagan festival

Never married myself,

Anybody on here have a Pagan wedding?

My brother did, I was best man.

Apparently he saved himself a fortune in the long run!

• Like 1

No idea what or where we’ll spend Christmas this year.  We’re just like most people in not knowing if we can spend time with family and/or friends.  

Our little granddaughter is still in Czech Republic and I daren’t ask when or how she’ll be coming home.  Maybe our son, daughter-in-law and grandson will drive over to Czech and spend Christmas there ....... maybe she’ll fly home.  I don’t want to discuss all of that with our son because he misses his little girl so much. 
Our other son, who is single and usually spends Christmas with us, has just announced that he’s going to Tanzania for the holiday.  Fine by us, it’s great that he’s got a plan, but he hasn’t booked anything yet. 
I think we’ll spend the day with our best friends, in which case it’s her turn to cook because they gate-crashed our place last year.  
Whatever, I think I’ll get the tree up earlier than normal to get some sparkle into our lives.  Suppose I’d better start writing the Christmas cards too, got to keep RR busy and once lockdown is over it’ll only be 3 weeks to go. 

• Like 1

As per usual, I won't be relying upon the Govt. or 'social pressure' to tell me what to do for Christmas.

The following facts remain facts (unless you are some sort of weirdo Covid Denier)

1.  The Virus is still out there.

2. It is still highly contagious.

3. Few..if any.. have any immunity.

4. It affects the elderly and those with 'co-morbidities' in a disproportionate fashion.

It follows. in my World. that Christmas does not negate the risk.

I cannot express how much I miss seeing and hugging my Grandkids.  I also miss seeing my daughters. One of them in particular needs a hug right now.

But. One hug now could potentially be the last.  I don't like those odds.

I will not mix with my own kids and Grandkids over Christmas. We have all remained safe for 9 months by seeing lock downs etc.. as a protection.. not a burden.

We will have to restrict our Christmas meetings to virtual ones via WhatsApp etc.

Realistically, this is simply the difference between staying apart, and spending a few hours together. I'm sure we can all cope. We are in daily contact as it is..

Until a vaccine provides individual protection..and also begins to limit the spread of Covid.. I'll stick to these principles.

Look up 'Deferred Gratification'.  It's a worthwhile principle.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I agree, Col.  Christmas is an important Christian festival but I can celebrate it  virtually with like-minded people.   Our Zoom gatherings 2 - 3 times a week have been SO good, and we will be continuing using this for our interactive Bible Study groups even when we are allowed to meet for our services in the church building!

As for meeting with our immediate family (13 people) at Christmas, we won’t ALL be gathering together at one house this year.  We already look after one of our grandchildren once a week at our house for an hour after school pick up, and we’re in regular virtual contact with all the other members of the family.  
I expect our daughter will come over to us over Christmas because of her special circumstances but, as I said, we won’t be having any mass gatherings with all our family together.   But that’s OK ........ there’ll be other times when all this is over.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1