Wot u Doin' for Chrimbo'?

@DJ360You have a pragmatic stance on the situation and will be acting sensibly to prevent the spread of infection. However there are many out there who want to 'celebrate' Christmas in the traditional way with friends and family. Whatever the regulations are in force at the time, many will ignore. This will result in a massive increase in infections and deaths of the elderly in the new year. The situation will be impossible to police. 

• Like 3

Christmas to our family has always been working and we've celebrated afterwards but it's never the same. As for tree and decorations, I've not bothered for the last few years. Christmas Day when we came back here has always been spent with relatives in our house or others. But things change and recently each have gone their own way. My son and his family have always gone to his mil and we've been together Boxing Day. This year I don't know what will happen. The restaurants ( ours) have always worked at Christmas depending on bookings but until the last minute nobody knows and I don't think many people will be able to pay for a family meal. Both are planning takeaway meals for Christmas Day. We'll see. Problem here is that people wait til the last minute to book, not like U.K. When everybody books in August!! 

You are right Phil it's only natural that families want to be together but as you say "wait for the increase in cases" it seems that nobody thinks things out. " I want and I'll do what I want, I don't care about the rest and too bad if someone dies" Selfish?? Yes it is, until one of their family gets hit. Maybe they will reflect on their behavior....or maybe they won't.

• Like 5

Weather permitting we will be making up a flask (tea), wrapping up warm and walk Kai down to Wollaton Hall. We will sit on a bench by the lake and have a cuppa. Nothing very exciting but a small pleasure. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Stavertongirl said:

Weather permitting we will be making up a flask (tea), wrapping up warm and walk Kai down to Wollaton Hall. We will sit on a bench by the lake and have a cuppa. Nothing very exciting but a small pleasure. 

Christmas day is brilliant for popping to usually crowded places. Early bike ride to the embankment is refreshing. I kept thinking through lockdown 1 how nice it was.

We've done Wollaton lake on boxing day - bit busy, but nice. 

4 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Maybe they will reflect on their behavior....or maybe they won't.

Some won't, Nonna. Headline from report from doctors in Italy in the Times today "Covid deniers abuse doctors across Italy as deaths mount"

To paraphrase Basil Fawlty " We've got both ends of the evolutionary spectrum staying tonight"

• Like 2

Not sure what will happen this year. We really cannot leave Helen's mum on her own - especially now Ken has gone. Middle daughter tested positive and isolated. She wants to come back when term finishes. I really do not know what the rules are. Common sense has kept me away from virtually everybody since March, and I do not want to spoil it for a silly mistake. That said, there has to be a balance.

The latest scientific evidence tells us that cooking on a gas hob yields more NO2 than car exhausts, and prolonged exposure to open fires causes a myriad of respiratory ailments.

As Fun Boy Three nailed it "The lunatics have taken over the Asylum"

"Germans"             They bombed our Chipshop.

If they had won WW2 at least we would still have Christmas Trees (thanks to Albert);)

Further to my post 'upthread'.

News on vaccines gets better by the day. It is looking like the most vulnerable and maybe some 'front line' NHS staff will gets 'first dibs'.. which is how it should be, and maybe get the 'jab' before Christmas.

Difficult to predict beyond that, because in my opinion the present Govt could be presented with an open goal.. twice regulation width.. and still miss....

But hopefully, the need to farm the Vaccine Distribution out to somebody who just happens to be closely related to a Tory Donor, won't slow things down too much.

Meanwhile.. I'm prepared to wait, and to continue with all the precautions I've taken since last Feb.

With luck, we'll all still be here chatting tripe in a few months, but looking at a much more promising future.

Stay safe Folks.. and don't kill 'yer Granny for the sake of a shared Turkey Dinner!!

What kind of weirdo likes Turkey anyway?

52 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Difficult to predict beyond that, because in my opinion the present Govt could be presented with an open goal.. twice regulation width.. and still miss....

But hopefully, the need to farm the Vaccine Distribution out to somebody who just happens to be closely related to a Tory Donor, won't slow things down too much.

Tut tut... political diatribe is that way    ====>>>      :rulez:  ;)

• Like 1