Bring back any memories?

3 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Car passing in Strelley Village.

That photo reminds me of Main Street in Oxton, similar view wall at the right and church at the end. Here on Google Maps

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@53.055384,-1.0625536,3a,75y,60.14h,81.71t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2UF7v97z7Q1W1ncdSL_x3g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am having a lazy couple of hours sitting around browsing the Internet and landed on Picture the Past. I searched my favourite place "Gedling" and there have been so many additions since I last looke

I remember little 'Woolies' at the bottom of Hockley. It had very worn and uneven wooden floor boards and tripped over on them. I cried and had a bit of a tantrum with the pain but mam soon put a stop

On 3 June 2018 at 9:18 PM, NewBasfordlad said:

^^^^Yep every day at work I like hard copy then folk can't deny it was said. Like you say phones are great for something's, they can take photos on site and send them to me to help explain a situation or to help with pricing and sometimes they are kept for evidential purposes.

But I write their work load into their personal Filofax.

We always used to use the same plumber, an old boy. You'd get your bill on an old betting slip or back of a fag packet. I asked him once 'Don't you use a computer Barry' in a flash he snapped 'pencil dont crash'

In the late 80s when I lived in Brinsley, my plumber was Scott Harrison from Newthorpe. Lovely man and a very reliable plumber. He passed on some years ago but when he was about to retire, I asked him if he could recommend someone else. He said he couldn't because he wouldn't have been happy passing me on to any of the younger ones. An honest response and, I must admit, since that time I've had plumbing work done by people who were less than reliable.

• 1 month later...