dgbrit- have you seen the movie Pirate Radio? Tis good and the music is great. BTW where in the good old U S of A are you?

Would that be the story of Radio Caroline Kath?? If so it's known as "The Boat that Rocked" over this side of the pond.

I found that out when I tried to buy the soundtrack over there last week. Couldn't figure out why we couldn't find Pirate Radio CD till I asked someone in HMV and she put me straight. Got the double CD for 7 pounds, what a deal.

• 7 years later...

I used to work with with a guy who trained as a TV engineer at Rediffusion, as did his brother. Rediffusion did also have an electrical goods rental side, which operated all over the country (my Gran in Yorkshire got her tellys from them), and also sold reconditioned ex rental tellys.

My colleague's brother once had an 'experience' at Balloon Wood flats (whereabouts were they? Before my time in Nottingham, I think). He was sent to reclaim a telly on which the rental was outstanding. As he got out of his van, the defaulting renter appeared on one of the balconies holding the telly in his arms and shouted, "Want yer telly back? Avit - it dun't f-g work anyweh!", and dropped it!

It certainly didn't work after that, so my colleague's brother swept the pieces up, put them in his van, and took them back to Rediffusion. Sadly, I have no idea what was said to him when he returned!