Nottm Children's Home Skegness

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until I joined Nottstalgia several years ago I’d never heard of this Skegness place, nor Pinewood.   The reason being, I suppose, I was brought up in a working class household with 2 very loving paren

Whilst visiting Skeg today we had a wander down Roseberry Avenue. The old place has changer a bit but the main structure is the same, As Davep1549 says now council offices. This was never there.

Similar to me, Lizzie.   I know I was fortunate to be brought up by 2 loving parents - the only difference was that we DID have a car as my dad worked for the Ministry of Food  in the forties and then

Pipewood camp C: 55/56 does anyone recognise them selves or others.

Top pic me, 2nd row 4th from left . 2nd pic4th row sitting down on right.

Hey Nonna, looking at your pictures, you certainly know how to live the high life. (Any truth in the rumour they were taken a month ago?)  :rolleyes:  Take care .

37 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Hey Nonna, looking at your pictures, you certainly know how to live the high life. (Any truth in the rumour they were taken a month ago?)  :rolleyes:  Take care .

I wish. Pipe wood was in staffs near Rugely if I remember right

On 6/5/2013 at 8:09 AM, mick2me said:

Needs a bump.

I have noticed a few member quoting previous quotes time and time again in the same thread.

And two members doing it one after the other.

There is good reason for this rule. Our database is not unlimited.

From the poor bloke who pays for this site  :Shock:

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 12/26/2014 at 3:35 PM, Robbie said:

Scriv, Even now It's not all a bed of roses for some inner city families and l am not just including Nottingham.

It was that good and popular it got closed down. The building is still there, it should have been demolished.

A couple of years ago l called into the place out of curiosity and introduced my self as an ex-inmate. The staff were very helpful and allowed me under supervision to have a look around but it didn't look the same obviously over the years it had been changed. The torture chamber and cells removed.

Standing outside on the pavement did give me flash backs of the walks.

I stood outside the place last month, 1st time since i was about 8, i felt like crying like i wanted to run, i cant understand why i felt this way, im trying to remember my time there, if anyone has photos i would love to see them!

• Like 1