The big printer ink con!

On my old printer I used to use 'Compatible' cartridges, , they worked fine , the only problem being my printer told me that I needed new ones all the time . I obviously ignored the warnings till physically ran out and then just bought some more!!

My printer just uses ink cartridges, the print head is fixed to the machine...

I bought a cheapo ink cartridge refill pack from Tesco's for about £4:50 and it's lasted me months and looks likely to for a long time to come. The only problem is mucky fingers when you use that syringe thingy and it overflows, that ink don't half stain the skin, but don't be put off, it's well worth the effort.

Me too Pete.

I got gallons of the stuff. (LIDL & ALDI)

Its the only way to get a reasonable amount of ink in a cartridge.

The secret of filling is to put a second needle in to let out the air.

Haven't checked in a long time, but I see they now produce a reinking kit for the Kodak 5500 printer series now.

I used to reink my old HP three in one and the HP Office jet printer.

Looking at the Kodak colour cartridge, it uses five inks (four plus black) plus the standard black cartridge.

I'll have to get SWMBO to order a couple of kits.

I got a re-inking kit thingy for my last printer but, as well as splurting ink generously all over my hands and my desk, it somehow damaged the printer head and I had to buy a new printer. Guess I`m just a clumsy clot.

Reminds me of when I chose some rather delicate rimless specs a few years ago. The optician, who knew me quite well, said doubtfully, 'Are you sure, they`re not very robust, you know.' I got them anyway and had them in for repair within a week.

Hamfisted? Moi? :rolleyes:

Been checking around and found cartridges that work out about the same price as re ink kits. BUT, have found a bulk ink seller and it works out about a buck per cartridge to fill at their prices. 250ml containers.

You need to use a newspaper to sit the cartridge on and latex gloves Eileen!!

• 1 year later...

I dont like buggering about with gloves on.

I found the best way to get the ink off your fingers is an abrasive block.

Well at least you won't leave fingerprints all over the place...LOL