New Show About Notts On In London!

OSIL.jpg

A new play about growing up in Nottingham in the 80s/90s called OUR STYLE IS LEGENDARY is on in London from the 14th March 2011.

It's got an all Notts cast, that includes James Hooton (he's from Carlton), who plays Sam Dingle in Emmerdale.

All the details are here on their website and it sounds like a nice bit of Notts nostalgia that needs some support.

76592_107348569338920_100001913319538_57561_1703479_n.jpg

Did you do that write up Dan??

If so you must have had Mr Lucas for PE !!! "You Carltonian Spasmo you!!"

I've got to try and 'get me dahn the smoke' for this !!

Any plans to tour after??

Brilliant stuff, if things go well in London then that will act as a Springboard to tour and of course, hopefully, Nottingham. But who knows, London is all there is for now so we need folk to come and see us down here.

A wu just tellin missis as there ain't bin menneh schools (Other than snobby places like Eton et al) as av ad one birru istry done aboaht um, lerra loan 2 bits .(Remember "The Token King" by Ray Kilby??) Nah e woz part ov me yowth im!

• 2 months later...

I went to see this play in London last week.

I was an awesome piece of theatre by Dan Hoffman-Gill.

I was that impressed with it ive started a facebook to try and get the play shown in nottingham and urge anyone who wants to see the play or is curious, to write or email anyone who you may thing might have an influence to get it shown in Notts.

Ive got in touch with the evening post, BBC radio Nottingham, the playhouse, and the shane meadows forum.

Here is dans page.

our style is legendary

I've just applied to join both too

And sent a few invites out to mates from Carlton who went to our school!!

Brilliant stuff Beef steak. The first group ourstyle is legendary was set up by dan before the play and now ive set up bring our style is legendary to notts with the backing of dan.

I can't believe there are now 226 memebrs i only set the group up on saturday.

Please get as many people as you know to get behind this and get this play to notts.

• 3 months later...

I've just had a great email from Dan, and I quote:-

Dan Gill11 July 21:04 OUR STYLE IS LEGENDARY will be coming to Notts, we got the f*****g funding. Can you believe it? No more facts as of yet but it is a fact that it will be in Nottingham, where it belongs in 2012. Thanks to all who have supported us and especially Ed Potter and Samantha Hill who have been awesome.

Spread the word, share the good news so we can sell out in Nottingham.

Peace and I'm out.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Great news , I'm up for it !!