• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A junior boy’s memory. In the late 40s, one Saturday morning, this young lad and his brother would be squeezed into a taxi along with baby brother’s pram and all the luggage plus mam and dad and

A P.Bucket test? or a rail photo with a difference. It was so difficult to do I didn't have the heart to break it up so I framed it!

Very strong, and good runners WW.

Great pictures,Did some work there Notty, and at Dove Holes and the railhead at Sturton near Leeds, very big quarries

Rog

• Like 2

Sat outside dining at the Railbridge Bistro at South Queensferry, a few years ago. Brilliant views and fabulous steaks.

• Like 1

I just wish I'd been there in steam days, however I did ride over the bridge to Thornton Junction in 1959 on a family holiday. 

• Like 1

Went over it a few times myself on the way to Perth,rained both times, got a few pictures from the train as we went over the bridge but they came out a bit blurred due to dirty windows and heavy rain, I'll pick the best out and see if they are worth posting

Rog

• Upvote 1

Pictures taken from the train on my way back from Perth to Edinburgh, not very good pictures because of dirty windows and it was raining

DSCF3539.jpg

DSCF3541.jpg

You can just see "The Bridge"and the sealife center in the second pic taken heading into North Queensferry

Rog

• Like 1

Went over the bridge to Kirkaldy when I stayed at Dalkeith a few years ago. Pretty depressing, especially when it's raining !

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Some one mentionedabout Alf Henshaw a Nuthall an Kimberley historian and photographer,iknew him quite well in the early sixties as i would service and repair his car when i worked at my fathers garage at Watnall,John Finn Ltd.Alf at that time lived on Newdigate rd two houses from the cutting which was the Nottingham to Derby line just before the tunnel into Kimberley station .There used to be some good books on Kimberley history and railways,you can buy these books at Arthur Plumbs hardware shop on James st. Kimberley i am sure Alf has contributed pictures and literature to books.

• Upvote 1