Lingo - Last few

This will be my last Lingo posting, my memory has just about run out.

Its hard when you do not hear or use the lingo. Still, not bad considering I left the Medders in 1969!

Yowl koppit

Ez ee sed owt?

Wigorn av uz dinnaz

It wor gin me

Kenni cum anorl?

Aya gorrote?

Arn't ya gorna eetitt?

Owzeeno?

and as for Hawarden, try the antipodes . . . .

Oh go on , I'll do this one !!

Watch out because if you are caught you will be in trouble

Has he said anything?

We are about to dine

Somebody gave it to me

Can he come too

Do you have anything

Are you not going to eat it?

How did he find out

Hi Hawarden,

There are many Hawarden's in the world, are you in the Hawarden that is in the Canterbury region of New Zealand South Island?

Correct ! - A small rural township, population 100 plus about 200,000 sheep, Corriedales mainly. 12,000 miles from dear Nottingham and the (Old) Medders!

See pic of my house in Hawarden and the flag, flown the day after returning from Melbourne after watching England retained The Ashes! Also, see name of my house . . .

Timpost-1774-0-52064000-1296469795_thumb.jp

Top marks! All correct, as expected, got anymore Beefy?

• 2 weeks later...

decided to teach a Spanish pal Nottmese after he kept moaning about how thw Andaluccians murdered his language.

I began by writing down the word SARTLE, telling him I'd keep modifying it until he recognised it.

I then wrote SARTLISS. Nothing. I then wrote SARTLISSES. Nowt. I then wrote MOATISSARTLISSES and we finally got somewhere.

I think the next lesson was verbs, beginning with the verb TLET. As in TLETSHUN BOX.

Just a 'quicky' back at you Tom. When I worked in Ibiza my friend ''Shirley'' from Newcastle (Shirls me girls (If she should ever read this) bless her little soul) taught our Spanish work coleague (Pilli) to speak English.

It has to be one of the funniest things in the world , to hear a Spanish woman tell a rowdy British slob that if he doesn't stop messing around she was going to "Punch ya fuggin leights oot Marrah!!" in a real broad Geordie accent !!