Street Information - Glencairn Drive

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any information about a street in the 1950 where my Father was born and if it was known to of been a house or some kind of Hospital. The street was Glencairn Drive, Notts (number 5) or could anyone help as to how i can find this information.

Thank you.

• 5 years later...

Glencairn Drive on the census records from the Archives seems to indicate mothers who had their babies delivered their and some seem to stay for a few years or so in the 1950's. I am unclear about this though

Number 3 & 5 Glencairn Drive was in 1950 shown as The Woodlands Private Nursing Home (Kelly's 1950 Directory of Nottingham & West Bridgford)

There were two other houses (numbers 7 & 9) plus St Teresa Roman Catholic Church. (other side of the street)

To add to what Bubblewrap has said, this is Glencairn Drive in the early 50s. The two buildings marked are numbers 3 & 5, and clearly different and separate to what came later further along the road.

glencairndr_zpskypl1w8c.jpg