• 1 year later...

Four Ukrainian teenagers, some wearing sandals, scaled the Moscow suspension bridge in their home city of Kiev, climbing 400 feet up steel suspension cables to reach the tower. The stunt was made even more death-defying by the fact that none employed ropes or safety harnesses and spent much of the time jostling for better footage on their helmet cams.

• 2 years later...

#1 Looks like it is no longer available again Mick. When I clicked on it a message comes up saying "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim..."

Oops silly me just seen the date of the post...just ignore me it's too early in the morning :wacko:

There's a group of US hams who do professional tower climbs to maintain the strobe lights and install antennas. A climb of 1000 feet is nothing for the team, who take up to four hours to complete a climb, taking everything they need with them.

Can you imagine what they charge per hour????

There was an article about them in QST magazine a few years back, complete with photos.

These towers are impressive as you drive by them!!

http://www.fybush.com/sites/2005/site-051111.html

• 11 months later...

A skydiver was arrested, I think it was last year, he climbed a TV transmitting tower, in itself highly dangerous due to RF exposure, then jumped off the top, got his lines caught in the towers guy wires and had to be rescued by firefighters.