catfan

St Anns in the 60s

Woodborough Terrace..facing the vic station tunnel52633-1-280-99999-unpad.jpg...To the right was the St.Johns Ambulance Depot..facing Bluecoat School.

• Upvote 1

Brings back memories!

That’s where the barbers was !  On my way home from school on the 31 bus I would stop off here for a haircut (if family funds will allow). By the time I was a teenager this was the place where I could comfortably buy  “something for the weekend sir”.

3 hours ago, siddha said:

Brings back memories!

That’s where the barbers was !  On my way home from school on the 31 bus I would stop off here for a haircut (if family funds will allow). By the time I was a teenager this was the place where I could comfortably buy  “something for the weekend sir”.

When I tried that with my barber, he lent me his fishing tackle.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 4:40 PM, phunt said:

My mate Ken Duffield lived at Paddy Freelys mothers house on Huttingdon street

in the 60s. His mam Mrs Freely and her partner Wilf were the salt of the earth . Last saw paddy in 1971 before getting married and moving to Manchester

Can well remember the sausage and onion cobs at Nora's caf'e ,and the hot peas and

mint sauce for a tanner in Central market.

I can remember the Duffield family one of them was quite athletic,  chased me up st Ann's Well rd, me on a bike and him running. Luckily i eventually got away to survive the bashing that he was going to give me.

Does anyone know the names of residents that lived on Gordon road at Ann’s .

my Grandma /Grandad Herbert Coxon live on that road . Thank you in advance