Originals are fetching nearly two grand and the new ones are on a first come first served basis, nearly all sold out Den, was you thinking of getting one?, a few years ago Raleigh did a re run of their "Tuff Burner" (BMX) sold out more or less right away, I think most were sold to the older guy who wanted an original back in the day but couldn't afford one but now they can so are they re living their youth? don't think I'd like to ride a Chopper now or the BMX for that apart from looking a total wally on one I don't think these old bones and muscles could cope lol

Rog

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is something I've just finished, the paint is still drying. A bit different to my usual rubbish. Done it muted colours to be in tone with our quiet, centre conservatory. Used metallic colours, br

I had piano lessons around age 13-14 and reached a reasonable level, and I could sight read fairly well. I also had some training on organ, including the dreaded foot pedals. My main reason for doing

That time of the year again when most of my hobbies are done in the shed as opposed to outside the shed so now I have made a start on this year batch of articulated wooden dolls/frogs/"Pudsey's", firs

Never understood the attraction to these bmx type of bikes. It looks so silly to see a full grown adult on a little bike riding up and down a skateboard park. You can see youths around town centres and car parks etc., when they pedal, their knees seem to hit the handlebars.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Beekay said:

@MRS B, Old Mcdonald, didn't he have a farm too?

I used to live opposite that warehouse, down Kennington road, when I were a lad. Walked past it every day while I worked at Raleigh. 

I hate to think how many times in my life I have heard that joke Beekay. The Bond is now demolished unfortunately. Small world though eh, you walking past every day.

Nobody said it were a new joke @MRS B.,it were the only one I could think of at the time. Hope I've not gone down in your estimation.

Between 1957 and 1965, when walking down Kennington Road, I always used to think that looking at the bond building always reminded me of a great, grey prison. It overshadowed everything around it. Well it did to me, as a little lad going to Radford boulevard school.

On 6/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, philmayfield said:

Food of the Gods Barrie. I guess my neighbour will get a bill from Notts CC. The tree’s in a conservation area so she wasn’t allowed to cut it down!

Phill in one of your post which I agree with ! you say that you could get out the Chainsaw and do the job your self (cut branch off)  you state H/S but what if some thing had happened to you or some one had been passing and the branch of the tree had hit them? so you did the right thing. Another thing that seems to come in with H/S Libility Insurance?

8 hours ago, Beekay said:

@denshaw, you know what mate, I could do with a new chopper. :Shock:

Not sure what you mean Big Ears   ???

Which one is Mrs. Plantfit Rog? They're all just about the right size for 'er indoors. Her little legs would just about reach the pedals. Bought her a mobility scooter 29 months ago and she's still not used it.

• Like 1

Get her a Pashley Picador Barrie, (google it) she'd be alright on one of them mate

Rog

• Like 1

We had an old chap in the village, many years ago, who used to have one of those trikes. He used to ride it up to the station where the guard helped him lift it onto the train for his weekly shopping trip to Newark.

Everyone knew him as ‘Peddler Palmer’.

• Like 1

There's plenty about Phil, second hand not bad price either, between £80 and £120, good way of helping to keep fit and great for carrying stuff on, I've seen some fitted with three small seats on the back for the kids and or shopping

Rog

• Like 1

Not taxed for the road Barrie. I’ve been looking at Pashley trikes on eBay since Rog suggested them and they do have a certain practicality and charm. One would be useful for doing the rounds of the estate rather than getting the quad out. The only problem would be collection. I do have a trailer but neither car has a tow bar. The trikes seem to be as far away as Wales and Devon so I don’t fancy the ride home!

Could they be motorised, like a electric bike? Looking at the pictures there seems lots of room to fit a power pack. I've every confidence that you or Plantfit could achieve it.

• Like 1

Yes, I’ve seen references to them being converted to electric power. We certainly have the experience and expertise here! I think that would be a bit OTT for my useage though. I still have the quad for serious use. It’s well over 30 years old but being a Honda it starts on the button.

• Like 1

Okay Phil, I await to hear how get on. Keep me posted. Meanwhile, take care of yourself mate. Regards, B.

Went there about seven years ago for a family get together from what i remember it was a good experience right in D.H.Lawrence country its in the countryside just before you get to Brinsley.

• Upvote 1
On 6/10/2023 at 4:54 PM, Beekay said:

Could they be motorised, like a electric bike? Looking at the pictures there seems lots of room to fit a power pack. I've every confidence that you or Plantfit could achieve it.

Just the front wheel needs to be powered by electric, plenty about ready to fit just drop on the battery and speed controller and away you go

Rog

• Like 1

New skinwall tyres fitted and V brakes, looking at getting front forks now, it will look more like a bike then

DSCF2248-2.jpg

DSCF2249-2.jpg

Rog

Now there's a thought, or even a side car attachment, but then again maybe not but thanks for the suggestions

Rog