mick2me

New Hobbies Forum

My dad started to teach me the piano, but I got fed up with the scale practice. I wanted to go straight on to playing a piece.. One day I sat at the piano ( no one was in the house) and started to " play" and  sing at the top of my voice. Next thing  a neighbour walked in not sure if she wanted something and couldn't make me hear or whether it was the noise she came to complain about. Anyhow I was very embarrassed and never did it again. In any case I can't sing let alone play the piano. I played the recorder at school with the same effect, bought a guitar but couldn't get the hang of it.Ive never been very musical ( how did I guess) preferred to be artistic ( ahem) I loved to make things and the thing I really would like to be able to do is paint in water colours. I have dabbled a bit with some pleasing results but to do it properly would be a pleasure.

This is called the angel of winter. I started this years ago . I found it this morning with all the pattern and threads but couldn't fine the colour chart. eventually found it taped to the inside of a board I use to attach the pattern.

Will try to finish it along with all the others I started and didn't finish

photo appeared but then disappeared when edited. will wait see if it reappears

IMG-0003.jpg

It didn't reappear so posted again

• Like 2

IMG-3171.jpg

This is Hardanger . Started this a long time ago too but still have to do the border Thats boring and tiring its so fine

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can't be too boring for me. Perhaps you could write a long, detailed posting describing just how boring it is. I look forward to that. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Perhaps you could write a long, detailed posting

Push needle in, pull needle through, pull needle out. Repeat as necessary...

• Like 3

I'd almost forgotten.  I do play the Harmonica a bit.  Streets of Laredo, stuff like that.  Tommy Reilly, I'm not.  It's gathering dust in the cupboard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Know a joke about har Monica, but won't post it here!!

• Like 1

Before I post, Sorry Ben, here we go again...LOL

Seriously thinking of getting a "starter" CNC machine, and start having a go at small computer deigned and cut signs, more so out of clear plastic and using small high powered LED's to outline the lettering, like desk name plates, door signs etc.

OK Ben CNC = Computer Numerical Control.....Look it up...I did say sorry.

• Like 2

To add to this, I was just watching a video on Youtube, feller made his own large pro version of these starter machines and has less than $900 invested in it, large machines like his, manufactured cost anywhere from $3500 to $33,000 and can machine steel, soft metals, plastics and wood with the correct bits.

I'll start with a simple inexpensive machine until I have the experience.

• Like 1

Phil and Brew.

I could give you a long and detailed description of what to do before you start these crafts but I don't think somehow you'd appreciate them. The exciting part comes when you make a mistake and have to undo a whole pile of cross stitches. You don't appreciate the hard work that goes into something so intricate. You don't like it , don't look. I like it so there.:rotfl:smile2 I'm not bullying you am I?

Please:angry2: delete if offended

• Like 3

I:rulez:  I promise to abide by the rules and not post anything offensive or cram the site with photos of MY crafts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Moi? offended?  pieinfacewhatever gave you that idea...

• Like 1

Only someone on here gets easily upset-

I would like to add to Nonna's post about unpicking stitches,  it's even worse when you frame your work hang it on the wall......then notice a spot where you have missed stitches.

• Like 2