Sucky Bogger!

Somebody with a sallow complexion was said to be a "Sucky cheeked fu**er" when I worked at Raleigh. They were gormless too !!

• 6 years later...

Sucky bogger...........was someone daft.........i reckon its good to be 'sucky'....too many folk reckon there clever ''sucky boggers''................reckon theres too many on here who brag to much...........crack on......my house is bigger than yours'' i'm considerably richer than you you''........sucky boggers''......

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure when I was a kid, if someone was described as sucky, they had a gormless look about them, like their mouth hanging open. 

Had a dual meaning to us: Sucky sod - overly sentimental and gormless (not necessarily at the same time)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, katyjay said:

I'm pretty sure when I was a kid, if someone was described as sucky, they had a gormless look about them, like their mouth hanging open. 

Katyjay, that's the definition that I knew as a kid. When I lived in Clifton, I remember being with my Mum and passing a girl with just the look you describe and Mum saying: " She's a sucky looking so and so"

My  mother and her mother used the term 'sucky' to be someone not very bright, thick or walking around with their mouth open! At that probably Aspley, Hyson Green or Radford terminology.