Just happened to be passing the Market Square yesterday evening and I was a bit surprised to see the big wheel is back on one of its visits, and I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere on these forums.

People who haven't been into the city centre for a few years (or haven't even been in this country for a few years) might be surprised to find something as spectacular as this.

So here's a couple of photos I grabbed on my cheap pocket camera.

wheel2.jpg

wheel1.jpg

Ammerchissit?

often thought it would be a good idea to have goose fair type big wheel set up on top of vic centre flats, now that would be scary!

It was scary enough for me in the slab square.

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 5 years later...

Re # 10, I don't think it was the dodgems the councillors were on, it's more likely to be the Gravy Train.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope! won't do it!  I was going to post 2 video clips of my "ride" on the "North Star", quite a trip, like being on a motor bike going round a looong left hand bend passing the Council House about every 6 seconds. I did it twice actually, first time I pressed the wrong button on the video camera and finished up with two sets of still photos. Silly B.