Picked up my mate Alan and over to Rogs' (Plantfit) to then gather Rob "The Oracle" (our best lurker!!) and then off out for a bat round 'bomber county' , dismal weather and not too condusive for photography but a great day all the same !! Coffee at the Petwood, lunch at the Bluebell , afternoon tea at The Wave (Waddington Airfield Viewing Enclosure) Not a lot of 'movement' but once again a great day , great lunch , great banter, and last but by no means least , great company.

Many thanks to Rog for driving , Al for paying for my lunch and Rob for being "The Oracle" that he is and helping us out with his mine of information !!

A few from the day :-

5496711848_a8b5344442_b.jpg

5496712410_cc4f664949_b.jpg

5496712702_bcc99d88ce_b.jpg

5496123853_44df4ff4b6_b.jpg

5496717410_5755ec256a_b.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't see a more-relevant thread to put this in. Maybe we should have an Industry thread.   All you industry enthusiasts will like this film. It was filmed in 1943 at the Rolls-Royce factori

Great find Chulla.  Would it fit under "Nottingham companies then and now"?   An interesting  historical film in which the commentary is not quite PC by today’s standards, women working

A few from our little sojourn over to "Bomber County" last Wednesday. Another great day out , glad to meet up with Rog again and some brilliant banter too!! We were lucky to catch a 'roll demo' on two

Agreed, great day and great company, Oh how I miss that Notts humour, never laughed so much since our last meet up, looking forward to the next one, Not sure about "Aviation Day" should it be " Eat as much as you can Day"?

Thanks to Alan at the Blue Bell for being a great host and provider of some great food

Rog

• 1 month later...

I could take some pics but they would be large file size or i could email to you & you could post as i see you already know how

• 3 weeks later...

Beefsteak just to let you know i live really close to Travis airforce base so get lots of big stuff flying around + the occasional fighters, Bombers etc

Kev , Derek , I hate you two !!................rotfl.gif

When I do get over there to do my Route 66 and all that , and after I've done The Ozarks, Detroit Michigan and Flagstaff Arizona , I suppose I could always mosey on over to Travis for some REAL photos !!

Keep the kettle on Derek I may be knocking on your door !!

tanning.gif

Kev , Derek , I hate you two !!................rotfl.gif

When I do get over there to do my Route 66 and all that , and after I've done The Ozarks, Detroit Michigan and Flagstaff Arizona , I suppose I could always mosey on over to Travis for some REAL photos !!

Keep the kettle on Derek I may be knocking on your door !!

tanning.gif

The racetrack i go to is right under landing aproach for Travis AFB ,But we also used to race at Willow springs & would drive past Edwards AFB in the high desert Chuck Yeager stuff cool2

Actually he lives in Auburn Ca about a hour away ,I almost bought his motorhome but it didnt have a popout.

I ws looking at Travis on Google Earth last night and there is an awfully good looking aeroplane "Graveyard" there . Well worth a look over if I ever get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Beef What do you want lol

There are no dead planes at Travis if you are getting deployed or need supplies it goes from there

I have been working pretty hard just lately

I did get a new camera so i dont have to lug around my big monster , A Panasonic Lumix i like it.

Also a new Guitar & another one the wife dosnt know about , They all look the same lol

I did get a email from someone that keeps the 315 Sqd site updated, I just have to send him some info

Can you send a picture of your dads medals and any more of the log book , I've got big interest on another site I use re the medals and identifying them (Some see it as a challenge !!..LOL)

Cheers matey Ian

• 3 weeks later...

I had that one brought to my attention about a fortnight ago , there's actually a follow up from the cockpit !! I'll see if I can find it on Fighter Control. (Where I also posted your dads log book pics)

And believe it or not , the Red Arrows used to do something similar !!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Derek.

We had the "Thunderbirds " at Waddington show the weekend before last. We both (Me and Rog) thought they were good. I'm saying nowt about 'sneeky passes' though .........LOL