Will try & get some pics if i dont go to the event as they usually fly over the house

Im not sure if my wife has entered any dog shows that weekend

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't see a more-relevant thread to put this in. Maybe we should have an Industry thread.   All you industry enthusiasts will like this film. It was filmed in 1943 at the Rolls-Royce factori

Great find Chulla.  Would it fit under "Nottingham companies then and now"?   An interesting  historical film in which the commentary is not quite PC by today’s standards, women working

A few from our little sojourn over to "Bomber County" last Wednesday. Another great day out , glad to meet up with Rog again and some brilliant banter too!! We were lucky to catch a 'roll demo' on two

I did try to rely to this yesterday but lost power.

I'm at the Royal International Air Tattoo at the moment . Loads of practice displays and arrivals going off. Brilliant weather too. Loads of good pictures so far.

She cant be that ugly...... ;)

You can avalook at the website

Its not finished yet only been working on it 3 years

Sad days for Avro , the Yanks managed to kill the Programme and sell the Canadians an inferior U.S. plane.

I wonder where Avro would have been if they were producing today. I worked on the Airframe before being layed off with 14000. others

Jobs were scarce then but I managed to get a on the T.T.C ( Toronto Transit Corporation ) as a Streetcar Driver , what an experience that was !!!!

Any way , back on topic, ! I'm just back from RIAT, 5 days under canvas (Well nylon actually !) Full of Sun, Wind, Rain, Beer, renewed old freindships and loads of new ones forged.

Now I've just got to wade through and edit nearly 3000 photos ................AAAAAAAGHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The airshow for this weekend at Travis AFB , A few Practice runs today & more tommorow

Will get some pics

It was so good i will be going again tommorow Got a ton of pics posted some on Facebook if anyone interested

No spitfire though.

Post some on here and a link to the rest (Or give us your face book user name so we can "Friend you" )

Facebook is D******************l

ts so easy to post pics on facebook lol

Ps someting fell from the sky & got on the lens , I didnt notice till i got them on the computer

I got it all cleaned & will take more today

I've removed the addy as you don't want spamming!!

I meant for you to PM it to me ,! I'll contact you vie FB now .

I've removed the addy as you don't want spamming!!

I meant for you to PM it to me ,! I'll contact you vie FB now .

You can use all you want just take them off facebook

• 2 months later...

A few from our little sojourn over to "Bomber County" last Wednesday. Another great day out , glad to meet up with Rog again and some brilliant banter too!! We were lucky to catch a 'roll demo' on two Tornados at Waddington , plus a Spitfire airborn at Coningsby!

http://6200071183_9f992d884d_b.jpg

http://6200399685_dbbce331cf_b.jpg

6200069331_acfc35fde2_b.jpg

6200577292_04ebd019dd_b.jpg

6200581674_543e924550_b.jpg

A load more here for any one interested :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beefsteak44/sets/72157627793352674/

Thanks for looking, and again thanks to Rog for driving us everywhere.

• Upvote 1

No , we went to another place in Navenby near Waddington (LOL) I had Pork meddalions in a Stilton and apple sauce (Twice the price but bloody hell it was nice, !!) Rog and Alan had Steak and Kidney Pie.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Can't see a more-relevant thread to put this in. Maybe we should have an Industry thread.

All you industry enthusiasts will like this film. It was filmed in 1943 at the Rolls-Royce factories at Derby, Crewe, Glasgow and Hucknall. And some other places - at the 25 minute mark you will see engines awaiting repair at Hollin's Mill, Garden Street, Radford, and their testing at Balloon Woods.

A large amount of footage was filmed and in 1946 it was edited down to make this documentary. It should not be on the internet, and whoever put it on has given a not-so-sharp copy. But you will enjoy it all the same.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Chulla said:

All you industry enthusiasts will like this film

Great find Chulla. 

Would it fit under "Nottingham companies then and now"?

An interesting  historical film in which the commentary is not quite PC by today’s standards, women working in the drawing office, shock horror.

When watching the factory planning using paper cut outs of machines it reminded me of the owner of the toolroom where I did my apprenticeship who when  purchasing any new machines always insisted on having a scale model which he used to plan the layout with. It was not unusual to go back work after the summer holidays and find that the machines and benches had been re-arranged.

• Like 2

Yes Ozt - Arther Millward loved his model workshop. Re the women in the drawing office - the women in the ROF drawing office only did tracing and printing. Design and calculations was 'real man's' work :rolleyes: Talking about calculations - if component drawing showed distance between centres, the machine operator had to send them back to the DO to calculate the XY dimensions. I got into trouble with the shop steward for doing my own calculations and getting on with the job, instead of going on 'waiting time' flat rate, while the calculations were being done. They did not like smart arse youngsters when work was short.

3 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Talking about calculations - if component drawing showed distance between centres, the machine operator had to send them back to the DO to calculate the XY dimensions. I got into trouble with the shop steward for doing my own calculations and getting on with the job, instead of going on 'waiting time' flat rate, while the calculations were being done. 

PP we always had to do our own calculations as it was quite usual for draughtsmen to detail things like 3 off  one quarter inch UNC tapped holes on a 6" PCD and show only the position of one hole. Or the lazy get out, 2 items one as drawn one opposite hand.