Hi babs, years before Chuck Berry's My ding-a-ling,was a ditty that went like this----

Never let your dingle-dangle dangle in the dirt,

allways keep your dingle-dangle tucked up in your shirt.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone' recorded on the Sun label in 1955 by Elvis Presley.

'My Bucket's Got A Hole In It' by Sonny Burgess was recorded on the Sun label in 1957. Sonny Burgess was one of the founders of Rock & Roll at the Sun Record Company and, although in his eightie

Marty Wilde with 'Sea Of Love' which was released in 1959.  

Go Johnny go !!

Just how many times did Chuck Berry record the same song under a different name (And with slightly different lyrics !!)

'Raining in my heart', 'Words of love', 'Heartbeat', 'True love ways', 'Take your time', He could also 'rock' with songs like - 'Your'e so square(baby I don't care) 'Browned eyed handsome man'. Died at 22 ,what a tragedy, just starting out.

Wasn't the drumming on 'Peggy Sue' done with an empty cardboard box?.

• 5 months later...

ElvisCarlPerkinsJohnnyCashJerryLeeLewis.jpg

Johnny Cash was there at the birth of Rock & Roll and Rockabilly and has always been a favourite of mine through the years. This photo is from 1956 when Cash was in the Sun recording studio. Also there was Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis and they had some fun as they got into a jam session in the studio.

Lets up the tempo with an often overlooked rocker - Gene Vincent:

and then listen to this one;

The man had range and was good!

Teenage Memories: :Kiss:

Saw Gene Vincent at the Odeon 1964, in one of the 'jam packed with stars' shows that were a regular feature during the 60's.

Gene was as good on stage as he was on the telly: performing his 'be bop a lulla's', dressed in skin tight black, leather gear; a real Panther, clung to the microphone as though it was his top skin - surreal vision that was for real. :Kiss:

I hold my pants up with a piece of twine, & if you're mine, you'll cut the twine......................................

Don Mclean remembered 'the day the music died' - death of Buddy Holly - well I well remember the day that Eddie Cochrane died:

It was a hot, Saturday afternoon and I'd been with my friends on the Arboretum. When I returned home for Saturday high tea, my mum greeted me at the back kitchen door with the news that Eddie had been in a car crash along with Gene Vincent and the British singer Terry Dene - they were on tour. Such a tragedy for Eddie - and anyone else who may have lost their lives; Eddie was at the peak of his popularity. It was an unbelievable and yet too real situation.

God Bless Eddie xx

• Upvote 1