• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone' recorded on the Sun label in 1955 by Elvis Presley.

'My Bucket's Got A Hole In It' by Sonny Burgess was recorded on the Sun label in 1957. Sonny Burgess was one of the founders of Rock & Roll at the Sun Record Company and, although in his eightie

Marty Wilde with 'Sea Of Love' which was released in 1959.  

• 4 weeks later...

Great stuff , this is one of my favourite do-wops Jive Five and My True Story

• 3 weeks later...

some great stuff on there micheal i have not been to a good live rock and roll night in ages the local ones i want to see always seem to be clashing with birthday parties. but hopeing i can get to see the bobmers at the strelly club on 22nd of feb and then the following week its rocking ray at the boat priory st lenton i do enjoy rocking rays nights some great traditional rock and roll and great people a mixture of the r/r crowd and local people.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Must say being new to this group and having the warmest of welcomes of Michael Booth and after finding some great names and bands posted here on the real rock and roll subject I am pleased to be part of the forum, I always feared that these bands mentioned on here would disappear through time but thank god there is folk like you all on here to keep it alive. I have a passion for this old stuff and type of music. Most the time on Friday nights I spent at the running horse on canon circus... there's nothing like a good old rock and blues band played live.

• Upvote 2

This song sums it up for me. Stuff your nightclubs, rave and disco. Gimme that old time R & R.

Dave, there are some great rock & blues bands out there. Saw Joe Bonamassa at Rock City several years ago. He's very good. Influenced by the late great Rory Gallagher. Currently listening to Oli Brown Band, Davey Knowles, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks and another late great Duane Allman. As well as Rory, I like Jeff Healey, Tom Petty and Free. I'm 68 but still belt out the old stuff. I'll get out some Steve Marriott and give him a blast whilst the tinnitus is not playing up.

• 2 weeks later...

oh how i would love to be able to jive again or even just get up and dance but im afraid its only an oddd slow dance for me now

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...