'Get Down With It' was off 'The Explosive Little Richard' album, released in 1967. It was Little Richard's first album for the Okeh label and was more Northern Soul / Motown. Little Richard became less popular in the early 60's so he changed his direction in music. Unfortunately, his records didn't chart and he was

never as big as when he exploded onto the Rock & Roll scene. I saw him live and he was absolutely fantastic and has always been one of my favourite singers.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the song was arranged by Reg Guest (#224)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone' recorded on the Sun label in 1955 by Elvis Presley.

'My Bucket's Got A Hole In It' by Sonny Burgess was recorded on the Sun label in 1957. Sonny Burgess was one of the founders of Rock & Roll at the Sun Record Company and, although in his eightie

Marty Wilde with 'Sea Of Love' which was released in 1959.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As a lover of all music- rock n roll is followed by me- cocked hat and blue boar to name two- lots of miners welfares. Love link wray- bo and chuck- met chuck and been on stage with him twice!! Del shannon- carl perkins are never far from the turntable warren smith nutcase . Spent 30 years buying rock n roll. All time faves are " mad lad" by chuck "rocket 88" by bill haley and " i'll do anythingu" by link wray- on swan of course! luo#d

• 1 month later...

One of my all time fav bands CCR. John Fogerty..... THE voice of American Rock & Roll .

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who like REAL Rock & Roll it's good to see that the Citroen C4 Cactus TV ad has 'Bip Bop Boom', by Micky Hawks & The Raiders, as it's background music. I put this song on here about 15 months ago (#199) so if any of the newcomers to Nottstalgia like this kind of music then there's plenty more to listen to on this thread. Enjoy. :)

Freddie Cannon,...........'way down yonder in new orleons'..........i remember it well,and yes Ian,best played very loud,

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm no expert on Rockabilly, but I came across this song as an entry in the Record Collector Rare Record Price Guide. Listed at £3k! So naturally I had to find out about it. Sadly I don't have a copy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Hargrave

Col

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Concert & Package Tours plus charts and memorabilia 1957 to 1967.

I've just had a look at this brilliant database, lost myself to the times when everyday was party time and worries were for others. 

Which shows did you go to, was it the Savoy, Odeon or 2is coffee bar, who did you go with and when?

http://www.bradfordtimeline.co.uk/music.htm

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On Saturday, March 05, 2011 at 5:46 PM, piggy and babs said:

HODGO OF RED PLANET ROCK ALL WELCOME SPINNING ALL ORIGINAL VYNAL RECORDS. 

Clive Hodgson will be DJing @ The Greyhound for their monthly & last Rockabilly/Rock N Roll evening this Sunday night 29/10 before it closes for good on the 5th November.