• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone' recorded on the Sun label in 1955 by Elvis Presley.

'My Bucket's Got A Hole In It' by Sonny Burgess was recorded on the Sun label in 1957. Sonny Burgess was one of the founders of Rock & Roll at the Sun Record Company and, although in his eightie

Marty Wilde with 'Sea Of Love' which was released in 1959.  

A unique style of voice, song and a driving beat made him one of the greats. Thanks for the memory jolt, MB.

Found this nice obit and on it, the greatest song of this singer/songwriters career................Runaway.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/del-shannons-runaway-gave-the-singer-a-haunting-un,86718/

:biggrin: 'One of the Best'

Considered Del Shannon 'one of the best' around when I was a young girl.

Considered his creation: 'Runaway' as 'one of the best' ever recorded.

Did you know that he produced his records in his garage? Such a Creative Talent.

'One of the best' Forever. :biggrin:

I've been trying to download a compilation of 42 songs from 'youtube'. I don't mean pages and pages of songs, the songs run consecutively.

Enter 'Del Shannon' on your Google search engine and go to page 5. You will see the song 'The Answer To Everything'. Click on this and when the page opens up you will see 'Play All' in the top right hand of the page. Click on this and sit back and enjoy.

No,I didn't know where he produced his records but agree he was "one of the best" and "Runaway" was (and still is) brilliant. I think I was in the "49" coffee bar the first time I heard this.

I was in there the first time I heard about some blokes called 'The Beatles'

As long as we have the music on our CDs etc', the music and the memories of the artist will be relevant.

My own favorite of the late Del Shannon, was ' Little town flirt',with 'Runaway' a close second.

Brings to mind another great artist from that era, 'Duane Eddie'.

Anybody remember the nottingham bands the Hellraisers and Little Tina and Flight 56 my uncle Dave Taylor played keyboards for both in the early 70s

Thank You Stu.....I bought that album when it first came out in 1970 - a great year for music.

By the way - do you remember the band - CACTUS - they opened for Ten Years After on one of their tours of America.

This Saturday night, I get to see Tim Bogert and Carmine Appice again - saw them last time in Hannover, Germany at the Blues Garage when they were Vanilla Fudge. I really want to meet Jim McCarty in person this time - Tim and Carmine were in Da-Fudge and Jimmy was guitarist for Mitch Ryder and his Detroit Wheels....singer Rusty Day (RIP) was with Ted Nugent on one early album. I have their original "One Way Or Another" album here, that I bought on ebay, and it has the original poster included - which will be autographed on Saturday.

Another short story - a few short years ago (2) I got to meet Kim Simmons from Savoy Brown in person and we had a nice chat, and five days later I got to meet Peter Green and had another chat - I went to shake his hand, and he said: "I don't shake hands, I am a guitarist". In my life only two people out of thousands I've been in contact with refused to shake my hand....the first one was a jerk....and as for Peter - I acept that from him, and I don't take it personally.

Dave

Hi Mick Booth

My uncle Dave Taylor joined the band some time around 1977 one of his first gigs was at the Lyceum Theatre london on11th March 1977 if you check out the pictures on the following websiteDave Taylor is the one playing the upright piano upside down a party piece so my mam told me.

www.flight56.co.uk/#/photographs/4533153397

Sorry I'VE havnt worked out how to post single photos on this site

Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sfkUyM4k8Yk

Elvis Presley & 'The Sun Sessions' (1976).

Track Listing
01 "That's All Right" 1954
02 "Blue Moon of Kentucky" 1954
03 "I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine" 1954
04 "Good Rockin' Tonight" 1954
05 "Milkcow Blues Boogie" 1955
06 "You're a Heartbreaker" 1955
07 "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" 1955
08 "Baby Let's Play House" 1955
09 "Mystery Train" 1955
10 "I Forgot to Remember to Forget" 1955
11 "I'll Never Let You Go (Little Darlin')" 1956
12 "I Love You Because" 1956
13 "Trying to Get to You" 1956
14 "Blue Moon" 1956
15 "Just Because" 1956
16 "I Love You Because" 1956

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks MB.................Another blast from the past!

Brings back memories of 'Oh Boy' from the late 50s.

It also gives rise to the question....Is radfordred really Marty Wilde....av-91.jpg?_r=0 = m58gp7.jpg???? slywink