• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone' recorded on the Sun label in 1955 by Elvis Presley.

'My Bucket's Got A Hole In It' by Sonny Burgess was recorded on the Sun label in 1957. Sonny Burgess was one of the founders of Rock & Roll at the Sun Record Company and, although in his eightie

Marty Wilde with 'Sea Of Love' which was released in 1959.  

Here's a blast from the past, the pocket sized rocker from the 50s - Brenda Lee.

Just listen to her voice at just 13 years of age......................................................

And I could not leave out the one and only Suzie Quatro...............who will ever forget Devil Gate Drive, Rock Hard, Daytona Demon and 48 Crash??????????????????

Turn the sound up full, settle back and enjoy this angel of rock, courtesy of YouTube.....

NOT real rock and roll?????????????????????????/

Do I sense racism here just because they are Australian???

They are invariably termed a hard rock band or heavy metal but they are still one of the highest earning groups of all time who even term their own music as Rock and Roll.

Oh, I nearly forgot....they have also won a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance.

Oh, and also inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.

240484068_59a9002599_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

That was not intended to be a rant, MB, just a rave about the greatest group ever to come out of OZ.

Wait until I really have a rant!

Anyway, the Rolling Stones just about say it all................ smile2

'All You Gotta Do', recorded in 1958 by Tracy Pendarvis (Tracy is the correct spelling).

Good track, never heard of him . Even though seems he was born in Florida, he's got a good Cornish name ! Though the spelling Pendarves with an e is more popular here.

He's probably a descendant of a Cornish migrant tin-miner .

This is another recording by Tracy Pendarvis that I like. It's an unissued recording on the Sun label from 1959.

I don't like everything he's done but I really like the two I've chosen. You say you've never heard of him, DAVIDW,

so I've added a link that tells you about his life.

http://www.rockabillyhall.com/TracyPendarvis.html

• 2 weeks later...

This colour clip was shot silent in 1955 in the Cotton Club, Texas, while Holly and Elvis Presley were working the two bottom slots on a country package tour headlined by Hank Snow — and apparently represents not only the earliest film footage of Holly but that of Elvis as well (he's dressed in a neon-bright green shirt and he's already a physically commanding figure). Buddy Holly sings 'Baby, Let's Play House' during the film.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This beautiful ballad 'To Know Him Is To Love Him' was recorded by The Teddy Bears in 1958.

It was written by group member, Phil Spector. It was the only vocal group he was ever in

and the drummer, Sandy Nelson was also on the recording. They disbanded after a year.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for a place to ask this question, and looking forward to your opinions.

Hard as I try, and as open minded as I am - I don't understand all the fuss made over the Beach Boys album "Pet Sounds" and also Brian Wilson's "Smile".......could someone explain this to me - without busting my balls.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...