I took up the Guitar a couple of years ago a bit late but always wanted to be able to play something

Its sort of addictive i now have a fine collection of new & old

Been at it since my teens, one day I'll master it! did you ever know a biker named Mick Brittle? lived up beechdale had a 500 goldie? you've probably heard it said before, "just like Hendrix" but this guy was/is, good enough to have played a gig when Jimi's dad Al was guest of honour, also has one of best collection of hendix pics known to man inc lots sent over via Al. Used to tell me "just practice" but it's not, true you get better but like lots in life some have "it" some don't

Funny you should say that, I have recently thought the same.

Last year whils in L.A. I wandered into the guitar section of a large

electronic store. I was very tempted, I can tell you.

I always wanted to play guitar , but I've got stumpy fingers!!

I can still play a bit of bass and the good old riff to "Smoke on the water"

I bought an electric Bass when I first came to the states - and tried to learn, but never could get "it", so I sold it. It was an Ibanez "fretless" and is now worth a whole lot more than I paid for it (or sold it for) - shoulda kept it!

A few years back Mary gave me a ukulele - which I keep meaning to take lessons for!

I remember my brother buying an Hawaiian guitar, the kind you place across your knee. This would be late 50's I'm guessing, most likely someone played one on a record and he liked the sound. He never mastered it and it got sold.

I learnt the note of B on the bass and got a gig !!

(I think I told you that already Kev!!)

I now have 8 guitars

Usa Strat i customized it a bit will post a pic

Mexican strat

Martin accoustic

1991 Gibson Les Paul

Alvarez 12 string

Danelectro 12 string electric

Ovation elite

Yamaha SA500

Blueridge Accustic

I can now play anything but you probably wouldnt like it

Favorite song Jan Akkerman Prima Donna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I played Bass for years....now its the good ole 5 string banjo.......YEEEE HAAAAA

I picked up a Banjo in the music store damb that thing was loud , Not for me, The owner said that is why they made the Dreadnought guitar so it could be compete with the banjo

Anyway im up to 10 guitars now, Just bought a Canadian made LaPatrie Hybrid everything else is parked , Seems like everything is made in China now expensive laminate

• 2 weeks later...

I love to listen to someone playing guitar. The last time I went to hear someone playing was in, The Sir Walter Raleigh pub on Raleigh St about 8 years ago. My nephew gave me his electric yahama. But I cannot play it. I am going to look for a teacher in a couple of months to show me. It is so relaxing to listen to.

I have always wanted to play the Sax and have recently looked at buying one.

But I dont have a clue about such?

I love to listen to someone playing guitar. The last time I went to hear someone playing was in, The Sir Walter Raleigh pub on Raleigh St about 8 years ago. My nephew gave me his electric yahama. But I cannot play it. I am going to look for a teacher in a couple of months to show me. It is so relaxing to listen to.

If you have a computer you have all you need, The nice thing is you can learn when you have the time & can repeat it as many times as you need

There are sites that are free & very good like Justinguitar.com never a hint about money unless you want to make a donation or licklibrary that charges a small amount per month

I did try having lessons years ago but couldnt make all my appointments & found i forgot most of the lesson in about the time it took to drive home.

The trick i find works for me is dont put the guitar away, Buy a stand & have it in sight & you will be more likely to pick it up

Electric guitar easyier on the fingers , Steel accoustic harder, Nylon classical wider fretboard so more room for fingers can be electric like the new one i have.

I do find myself playing more fingerstyle since getting the classical guitar + it gets played the most

• 2 weeks later...