Shops near Mansfield Road / Forest Road junction

15 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Blow me!! That was Richard Roberts.

Yes gold specs and Brylcreemed hair.

He was actually a nice bloke..he lived in Mapperley Park..he used to take me to his house for these cakes'..Madelines'?

and tea..he kept of all things a Koala Bear !

Delusions of being Marcel Proust, possibly? Was the tea a linden blossom tisane? Did you have to dip the madeleines in the tea? All sounds a bit suspicious to me. How old were you when he used to do this?

Most likely a Wrigley's Chewing Gum machine on the outside wall. Funny how we would chew gum then put said chewed gum back in its paper to dispose if it. Now there's a concept! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
On 9/4/2018 at 4:04 PM, IAN123. said:

Blow me!! That was Richard Roberts..Pianoman knew him as well..had one of the first Rover 2000's.

Yes gold specs and Brylcreemed hair.

He was actually a nice bloke..he lived in Mapperley Park..he used to take me to his house for these cakes'..Madelines'?

and tea..he kept of all things a Koala Bear ! Some youth got the push from Peacheys St .Depot..and set fire to the place in his lunch hour...Fogrider might recall that day in 1969.

Rightly so jonab..it went downhill in Victoria Centre..near Jeffs Fashion Shop. It ended up near the Wheatsheaf on Sneinton Rd..Malcolm recalls where..i had flitted to TPROB by then.

It went downhill after they had vacated Peachey Street and moved onto Sneinton Road. I had probably given up on Dennis and Roberts shortly after the move there as I don't really remember them in Victoria Centre.

• Like 1