Can any one tell me what the hours of schooling are for children going to Infant school. Trying to sort out our move back to Notts next year. Our little girl currently goes to french school 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday except Wednesdays.

Would be grateful for any info.

Ta chucks. :rolleyes:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A view about twenty minutes from where I live. To create ambience. The severn sisters.

There is a huge majority on this site who believe that the site has improved considerably in the last few weeks.   However, I urge this majority to remain silent and not rise to any attempts

Me & me Bro first day back to school   

Hoping to move to Hucknall/Annesley! But will be staying with Friends/family in Top Valley for a few weeks. Not sure on whether i can enrole her at a school straight wawy in Hucknall, or maybe in Top Valley. Have read some Ofsted reports on a couple of schools in Top Valley and they seem ok. Not easy when we aren't on place.

Thanks for the info. Friends

• 12 years later...

Nice handbags!

50 years ago today, I commenced my final year at Berridge with Mr Williams, one of my favourite teachers. Really enjoyed that year. :rolleyes:

49 years ago tomorrow, I commenced The Manning Grammar School for Girls who were too dim to flunk their 11plus! :mellow:

• Like 2

Hopefully you both soon gave up the handbags RR, or had you both been out mugging ?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Nowadays, very little children wee in the plastic ball pits, I've heard.    For those of you who have never had the exciting opportunity to visit am indoor climbing adventure thingy, there are lots of plastic balls in a large 'pit' for them to jump around and roll about in...... 

7 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Nowadays, very little children wee in the plastic ball pits, I've heard.    For those of you who have never had the exciting opportunity to visit am indoor climbing adventure thingy, there are lots of plastic balls in a large 'pit' for them to jump around and roll about in...... 

That’s why I don’t swim at Southwell Leisure Centre. I understand peeing in pools is commonplace. Not off the high diving board though hopefully!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Butler's Hill Juniors kept their clay for art classes in a dustbin covered with damp cloths to keep it pliable. More often than not, the dampness was provided by the pupils using the bin as a urinal.

• Like 2

Respiratory problems were rife in Hucknall, not only in the miners but also their families - especially the kids. Snotty noses were the norm and some of the snot became carefully deposited between the pages of schoolbooks thus glueing them together. Not quite as bad as 'Bob in the book Bertie' but nearly.

• 6 months later...

Ian123's post is amazing to me. Your final line is so powerful, "Devils hiding behind God". You nailed it. I recall being amongst 10 boys lined up by O'Connell for not knowing our catachism. I had no idea what that even was. So I am at the end if the line & he starts on boy 1 who tries to recite it, falters, and is beaten for it - the strap. Next boy gets a few more lines in before he too falters & again he's beaten. By the time the monster is on me, terror and 9 partial recitations were enough for me to parrot it back - word perfect! Spluttering "wasting my time...!" he beat me hardest. Exactly like that Smith's song "A crack on the head is what you get for not asking, and a crack on the head is what you get for asking. A crack on the head". Wicked, spiteful, vindictive, nasty and mindless child abuse. Then there was the vile Miss Campion, hitting kids across the knuckles with the sharp edge of a ruler, but let's stop recalling the violence there.

I have a theory Ian. Are you Ian D.....? If so, I remember you & your brother so well! Good eggs indeed!

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hi Frank and welcome to site, unfortunately i don't think that you will get a reply from Ian as he has left the site, its a shame really as he contributed so much interesting stuff. But perhaps you can take over where he left off, i look forward to reading your tales.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Bring back Ian and Catfan thats what I say, thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Rog

Without doubt, their absence has left a gaping hole in the variety of topics and enlightenment on this wonderful Forum.

• Like 2

With the exception of a couple of members this forum has gone stale,very little Nottingham related topics which is a shame because it was a great site

Rog

• Like 1

Whoops ! Looks like I've stumbled on an appreciation society. Better not intrude so I'll shuffle off .

Got to admit though, my schooldays were crap !!

• Upvote 1

Freedom of choice folks. If people decide to refrain from posting, that's their prerogative. NS will carry on regardless. 

No one or two members are bigger than NS. 

• Like 6

Maybe not fly, but they put a lot of Nottingham related topics on here!! I am sure there are a lot of other members that feel the same. Might be wrong, lets see.

• Like 1

Waddo, it's not the quantity of posts that is important. It's the quality and content. 

There's definitely less confrontational and irrational posts recently.

• Like 6

At least they were "nottstalgic" and interesting, and as others have said, if your not interested, skip that post, that's what I do. Simples

• Like 1

Waddo, I'm not getting into an argument, but different members have differing views.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1