1 minute ago, Waddo said:

And all the chalk you want, for free. Lol

Think of all the snooker cues you can chalk and lines you can draw with that lot !!

• Like 2
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A view about twenty minutes from where I live. To create ambience. The severn sisters.

There is a huge majority on this site who believe that the site has improved considerably in the last few weeks.   However, I urge this majority to remain silent and not rise to any attempts

Me & me Bro first day back to school   

3 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Think of all the snooker cues you can chalk and lines you can draw with that lot !!

You could put your painting talent to use, doing those chalk paintings (chalkings!) on pavements and get a few bob for your efforts, no expenses=100% profit, just stay below your tax allowance and its win win.

• Like 1

Did think of graffiti but the cliffs are 500 feet high and I don't have a ladder long enough.

PS. Put a couple of pictures on Beekay's pictures.

Should have given me a call, could have put some 'jack ladders ' up for you, no limit to height with them!!

We have some wonderful views down here SG. Never bothered before as they aren't Nottingham related, plus the fact I've only just mastered the art of posting pix. B.

4 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Never bothered before as they aren't Nottingham related, 

But they are Nottingham-related, because it's where you live now and you originally came from Nottingham.

Look at Compo's photos from Scotland; Scotland isn't near Nottingham, but he used to live here. That's a good enough excuse.

• Like 6

Great CT. !!! That gives me loads of confidence and I will do my utmost to produce stuff of interest. ( Still not found any bu99er who went to boulevard school though... Tongue still in cheek).

38 minutes ago, Waddo said:

Should have given me a call, could have put some 'jack ladders ' up for you, no limit to height with them!!

I'm 75 Waddo, not 25, I get vertigo climbing the step into the shower. Mind you, I do have a spray gun with extra long hose. thumbsup

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Beekay said:

We have some wonderful views down here SG. Never bothered before as they aren't Nottingham related, plus the fact I've only just mastered the art of posting pix. B.

BK this forum is ostensibly about our memories of Nottingham but it would quickly pall if that was all that was allowed.

It has, whether we like the term or not, morphed into a social media site, a localised version of Facebook if you will. Here we can laugh, tease, cry, commiserate and even teach each other something occasionally  The spelling, grammar and syntax is not always perfect, the subjects not always interesting but conversely that’s  what makes it interesting.

Posters post  what they like, the pity is some get all mardy arsed when they don’t get the reaction they seem to think they deserve.

Plantfit, Catfan, Compo and DJ have at times posted really good photos, absolutely bugger all to do with Nottingham but they always attract ‘likes’ because they are appreciated so you carry on mate and more power to yer elbow.

• Like 3

@Beekay  as the subject of chalk has been brought up, perhaps you can 'touch up'  (in the nicest possible way!) the Long Man of Wilmington.....

Margie my understanding is , that a lot of it now is concrete. Thought of doing my own up there, something like Andy Capp.

• Like 1

Talking of chalk drawings, I took these pictures  in front of York minster on the footpath

DSCF4364.jpg

DSCF4365.jpg

Rog

• Like 4

It's good but it looks like it's drawn on a cloth not chalked on the floor.

There was a lass named Alice who used to actually draw on the pavement in Nottingham near St Peters, she was also brilliant... wonder what became of her..

Plantfit, thought I'd put these on just as a matter of interest. It is the ceiling of the Church of English Martyrs, over at Goring.

It is an exact 1/3 replica of the sistene chapel, stroke for stroke. A member of the congregation visited and asked his church council for permission to reproduce.

IMG-20170825-201552.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Crikey .... let me look again ... this topic title "Infant School" ... nottstalgia.com gone mad ... bleddy pictures & paintings everywhere! Noticed my neighbour painted a number on his wheelie bin yesterday, spilt some on his block paving, bugger should have sealed it, off to get a picture. That planes low nearly hit that 28 bus?  :crazy:

• Like 3

Don't worry about it Beekay if any topic didn't go off topic it would be a first,  its nothing unusual in fact it is normal, carry on posting , I am sure we all enjoy your post.

PS I am not envious of your skills, to tell the truth I wish I could do the things you do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Brew said:

There was a lass named Alice who used to actually draw on the pavement in Nottingham near St Peters, she was also brilliant... wonder what became of her..

There is quite a lot of posts about her somewhere in these pages Brew,some pictures as well

Rog

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Brew said:

OK..

Many thanks, I see the answer to my question is now available in the original post I queried. Pretty much as I thought. One surprise.. or maybe not.

I don't know, that hyperbole stuff eh. Nuff said... :biggrin: