• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This lunch time I sliced a loaf on a bread board that I made 65 years ago. I was 13 years old at the time and at Berridge. I turned that bread board on a lathe and the piece of 'deal' was scrap from t

Mr Wren outside the old nesting box,he has some nest building material in his beak     Rog

It seems our little feathered friend are looking to join the housing market so to give them a helping hand or should that be wing I built these for them out of some scraps of wood that was knocking ab

Around here somewhere is a sort of "retired mens club" where a group of blokes get together and do woodwork and stuff, it keeps the little grey cells ticking over ( As Hercule Poirot would say)do you have anything like that near you? the clubs seem fairly popular around the midlands

Rog

Same in this village Phil, in fact when I deliver the local villages monthly magazine some of them can't work out why I do it for nothing, I tell them where I was bought up it was standard practice to do things for your community and not ask for payment, that usually shuts them up

Rog

• Like 3
1 hour ago, denshaw said:

Google "men in sheds" the nearest one to me is in Daybrook.

Thats the name Den, I think they was on a news channel earlier this year, good idea and it keeps people using the grey cells and meeting likewise people

Rog

56 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Blidworth, Daybrook, Collingham. Nothing in the villages around Southwell. Still I’ve got my own pair of sheds with all the kit I could possibly need without having to mix with a bunch of old farts! :biggrin:

:laughing:, nice one Phil

Rog

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Blidworth, Daybrook, Collingham. Nothing in the villages around Southwell. Still I’ve got my own pair of sheds with all the kit I could possibly need without having to mix with a bunch of old farts! :biggrin:

takes one to know one Phil :rolleyes: - me included.

I have a workshop for metal and a wood work shed. Trouble is they get mixed up and a lot of tools are duplicated. Must have at least 30 screwdrivers littered about the place. My favorite shed is the man coup.  An extension to the chicken coup where I cvan have sensible conversations with the chooks while drinking cider iknow

I’m not a serious woodworker. I just knock bits together as necessary. My workshop  is primarily engineering based for maintaining my myriads of horticultural equipment. I have a lathe, power saw, pillar drills, mig welder, compressor and all sorts of sundry kit. I don’t have a miller but rarely need one. At one time my son wanted to take an engineering degree but became a lawyer instead! He too now has a comprehensive engineering workshop in his garage.

I shouldn't really put this picture on in case Mrs P sees it but, this is at the back of my shed usually covered over with a big sheet, Video, DVD player, Freeview box, stereo 32" telly, I have a number of railway video's and DVD's as well as plenty of music CD's,, well you sometimes need a bit of uninterupted time don't you

DSCF1088-2.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Beekay said:

That's not a shed, it's a recording studio with cinemascope. thumbsup

Shhhhh now my secrets out, wouldn't be fair to force railway video's and DVD's on Mrs P on the house telly would it so a bit of me time now and again don't hurt does it slywink

Rog

Why not share wiv her. I force canal boat DVD so on er indoors. 

Can I ask, do you have a scroll or jig saw for cutting your shapes? B.

We have a Men AND Women in Sheds in Loughborough. They all work great together and have a fantastic garden at the back of the unit.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Beekay said:

Why not share wiv her. I force canal boat DVD so on er indoors. 

Can I ask, do you have a scroll or jig saw for cutting your shapes? B.

Just an ordinary jig saw nothing special, When I have made a jig doll (no plans) I trace the shape on some card so I have a template for future use, the Pudsey bears are 6 inches tall and the frogs 11 inches tall,

Rog

16 hours ago, denshaw said:

Google "men in sheds" the nearest one to me is in Daybrook.

''Men in sheds'' my worst nightmare.....why ever would men need to get together with their so called ''Pieces of Kit''........when i need summat doing i get somebody in......and i go out.......cant hold a conversation with any bloke that wants to talk how he ''Arched a wall'' or ''Bevelled'' summat...or even put a shelf up ........then there are them that want to tell me about how their car engine works.......no wonder ive got no mates is it.......plus dont want any...

But there you go we all different aint we.......

Did i tell you about me new dancing shoes or slim fit Jeans?........

Must go got a chap coming round to mend me 'Puncture' on t Bike............:crazy: lol..........

• Like 2
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

''Men in sheds'' my worst nightmare.....why ever would men need to get together with their so called ''Pieces of Kit''........when i need summat doing i get somebody in......and i go out.......cant hold a conversation with any bloke that wants to talk how he ''Arched a wall'' or ''Bevelled'' summat...or even put a shelf up ........then there are them that want to tell me about how their car engine works.......no wonder ive got no mates is it.......plus dont want any...

But there you go we all different aint we.......

Did i tell you about me new dancing shoes or slim fit Jeans?........

Must go got a chap coming round to mend me 'Puncture' on t Bike............:crazy: lol..........

:laughing:

• Like 1

Would love to hear about your new dancing shoes however I have just got to drill a 2.5mm hole and get my taps out to cut a 5BA thread in a small piece of brass, catch you later mate

Rog

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

An instrument or a clock Rog?

Rotating stem for next doors wind ornament, it keeps unscrewing itself when the wind changes direction so the baseplate will stop that, also going to put a couple of ball bearings inside the joining surfaces to create a bearing effect on the two rotating tubes instead of it being metal to metal

Rog

This thing, contra rotating blades and the whole lot supposed to turn in the wind

DSCF1644.jpg

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Woodworking