Enfield Street, St Stephen's Parish

Cliff Ton

Don't know the date of the map you've posted, but can you show Elson St, please, which is cut off just at the top of the map. I'm looking for an Elson Terrace, where my Dad grew up, which was, I assume, off Elson St. It may have been demolished in the 60's?

It's around 1920s. I hadn't realised that Elson Street still exists, although obviously not in its original form.

And then I remembered that "Britain from Above" covered the area - in the days when your dad was probably there. Elson Street is the one going up the middle.

elson1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Cliff Ton. Had already seen that Britain From Above photo. Yes, he was born in 1922 so would have been there at the time of the map. Actually I remember him mentioning Rawson St, so wonder if Elson Terrace was off that?

• 3 years later...

My dad was born in 10 Enfield Street in 1938. Not sure why, as his mother lived on Goldsmith Street (I’m assuming it’s not the one in Beechdale).

Anyone know anything about who the tenants were then? (Big ask)

Findmypast says it was vacant in 1939, so I’m now at a loss...

:(

• 3 years later...
On 6/9/2012 at 6:55 PM, catfan said:

My uncle & aunt lived @ 18 Enfield Street for years !

Who’s your aunt & uncle because I was born at 18 Enfield street in 1962 I lived there until we moved to 30 bobbermill just round the corner up past the terrace’s at top of plimsoll street across the road from moby dick chip shop in 1969  our family names is Wilson ?