Fancy a LITTLE camping ???

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bedford Motor Home,Yorkshire Sep 2012.The only way to go Camping.

First trip of the year - to Florida to thaw out! Took three days to get down here, but it is a lot easier that way when you are towing a house. First location in Florida is Bonita Springs for a week

Well, after getting the dog, we decided the old truck wasn't big enough for us, but that rather than buy a new one we would just look for a good deal - well, I found it at the local Dodge dealer! Sam

Posted Images

All hail the Bedfod Dormobile...........(#101).

Born in the 50s, a workhorse that became a virtual bed on a Ford chassis and was the forerunner of all your various campervans today.

• 1 year later...

First trip of the year - to Florida to thaw out! Took three days to get down here, but it is a lot easier that way when you are towing a house. First location in Florida is Bonita Springs for a week to visit friends and family.

At a rest-stop in central Florida - George has decided it is his turn to drive!

IMG_20140320_110520_469_zpseeb60f43.jpg

All set-up at the RV Park in Bonita Springs.

IMG_20140320_144654_741_zps3e59caeb.jpg

• Upvote 1

not seen rgr post for a while wonder if he is ok. pooh it just seems he brings the sun over the pond when he comes over different from eric he brings rain and snow with him but he dose ussually come over the pond in the winter moths

thumbsup Now that's a fifth wheel!!! Love it. A wee bit big for yer average British camp site I think. We have had a few on but not quite on the same scale.

Yep, maneuvering this lot on MOST British roads would be difficult to say the least! It is wider than a lot of the roads in Devon and Cornwall!

Babs - I think it IS bigger than some of the places I lived in the U.K. - and it is certainly big enough to live in full-time, provided there are only two people! We LOVE it!

That looks bigger than my 38 ft motorhome are you sure its only 31 1/2 ft?

I want to see the inside with all those slideouts.

It is 34.5 ft. I'll take some inside pics for you - but it only has 3 slides.

love to see the inside eric yeh never know one day i might win more than a tenner on the lottery and come and do that journey with you and mary and see some of the other guys and gels in america

• 6 months later...

Well, after getting the dog, we decided the old truck wasn't big enough for us, but that rather than buy a new one we would just look for a good deal - well, I found it at the local Dodge dealer! Same year (2012) as my red one, with all the same specs, and the Cummins engine but in a crew cab. Mine had 39,000 miles and I "thought" this one had 36,800 miles. We made a deal and I picked it up a few weeks ago - imagine my surprise when I turned it on to find it only had 14,000 miles on the odometer. Paperwork in the glove compartment confirmed the miles - and looking it over, it is basically a brand new vehicle!

George loves the back seat - and we like being able to sit in the front in comfort - it looks good hooked up to the RV too!

20140928_131219_zps2o1imdnm.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Well, the RV is now set up on our lot at The Great Outdoors in Titusville, Florida! In order to get around the resort (it is huge) including taking George to the dog park, and to get the mail, or visit the bar or restaurant, I needed a new form of transportation. So here it is, my latest set of wheels:

IMG_20141106_170432_573_zpstc1atkx6.jpg

• Upvote 1

Camper_zpsfb870200.jpg

Here is one of our recent campers. He was just finishing off his 500 days journey, towing his caravan with his mobility scooter around Britain, raising funds for Help The Heroes.

• 6 years later...