Commiserations to Forest

I'm not a Forest supporter by any means but I'm really sorry to see that the Reds have failed so close to the final hurdle once more. Their promotion would have been good for the city and I'm all for all of the Nottinghamshire teams being successful. I'm really not sure why Forest don't cope with these situations well. Must be pretty sickening getting to this point and having your dreams wiped out. Football eh...

Bad luck lads.

Quite hilarious - but somewhat predictable - how the Clownty Oik's are so quick to condemn the efforts of the team that came so close to a money-spinning top spot, when they themselves so narrowly avoided/deferred their regular descent to the depths. Certainly true that £19m, for a string of Premiership defeats, would have paid many milk bills...

His Plan A, causing sufficient provocation to merit the pay-off, seems to have misfired - for now.

Doubt the Doughty/Pleat/Arthur relationship can last much longer.

The Glasgow commute has also been an issue, and he's not used to being in the same job for so long!

Cheers

Robt P.

The Glasgow commute has also been an issue, and he's not used to being in the same job for so long!

I understand he's of a Rangers persuasion, Rob and at one time I thought he might have been a strong contender for the job at Ibrox what with 'Uncle Walter' retiring. Maybe if 'golden boy' McCoist messes up he still may be. On the latter point, maybe he should sound out the Meadow Lane job around November-ish when the latest incumbent is shown the door. He won't be given the chance to get bored there. :)

Quite hilarious - but somewhat predictable - how the Clownty Oik's are so quick to condemn the efforts of the team that came so close to a money-spinning top spot, when they themselves so narrowly avoided/deferred their regular descent to the depths. Certainly true that £19m, for a string of Premiership defeats, would have paid many milk bills...

How one persons comment (Cause neither mine nor Ashleys could be deemed as condemning) can be seen by anyone as "The Clownty Oiks (Which is a serious generalisation in anybodies books) is beyond me, it's quite obvious you have the jaundiced view towards Meadow Lane and her faithful rather than the other way round , as you go on to prove in the rest of your comments re finances !!

Myself, I went to the pub , drank my Greene King Abbot Ale and gave them a little (Not too much) encouragement !! and my comment was my (And quite a few of my friends) honest opinion, they were just not good enough , again !! Shame , but there you go .

"Clownty Oiks" Has a kind of ring to it. CLOWNTY OIKS, Clownty Oiks clownty oiks...

Puts me in mind of a few books that I read as a lad.

Billy Bunter, Just William and Anthony Bookridge's Jennings to name but a few.

n140289.jpg

I can put that label to a few people over the years. I think I will adopt it.

Perhaps we should take RadfordRed out for a pint and curry night, to take his mind off it all?

Ha ha you don't it !! cracking season for me beating the sheep shaggers home and away , the unbeaten run , i don't mind competing every year and not going up !!

Anyway i don't talk football on here . End of.

Why can i only read and not reply to the I'm coming tread ?

• Upvote 1

That's the spirit red, far better a big fish in a little pond, not being funny but had they gone up feel they would have struggled, just annoying getting so near then missing again, When you think about it though Notts had the best season as regards fan's nerves and expectations in Nottinghamshire, lol Mansfailed didn't win promotion or that tin pot cup, Forfeit failed in the playoffs, Notts WON their relegation battle! (You know it makes sense)

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Conceding 8 goals to Villa this season, shocking.

Just reading my three above post from 2011 & I stick by it, I would be happy to beat D*rby & every year & finish 7th, that premierships lifeless. 

Out early yesterday with it being midweek, have to report the beer served in the old sweet shop Castle Rock micro pub "Barley Twist" on Carrington Street was superb, not sure of pricing? 3 in our round came to £13/14 a throw.