savoury foods nottingham

I've moved this to a more appropriate forum Mick.

I worked next door for a good few years at Pork Farms Queens Drive.

I may have got myself a bit mixed up there!We had three factories around Queens Drive, one up near Central TV and a sausage factory in Beeston. Am I mixing it up with what is now the Pizza factory or was that Savory Foods ??

I may have got myself a bit mixed up there!We had three factories around Queens Drive, one up near Central TV and a sausage factory in Beeston. Am I mixing it up with what is now the Pizza factory or was that Savory Foods ??

Ther was a few factories in that area.there was queens drive(pork farms)savory foods,riverside bakery,pizza factory,little tennis street ,beeston two factories,and the other new one on lenton lane whoose name escapes me(old age)good place to work at one time in the days of John Dicks,i understand its all changed and is now owned by a indian company?,i am out of touch,but i worked there for 18 years before being made redundant,and retiring early.lots of good memories,and lots of bad toward the end.

Not Mick809?

Isnt there a similar named place Near Central Studios, Lenton Lane?

yes on lenton lane and finch close was the pizza factory,and a little further up lenton lane was lenton foods,and the head office was also on lenton lane it was always refered to as fawlty towers

I was in the Queens drive factory for around 4 years, till Christmas 85 , as you say, a pretty good company to work for , although the senior managers all looked down on the workforce and tended to treat us with an air of superiority. Even Simon Robinson (Brother of Tim of Nottinghamshire and England fame) who worked in the offices and played cricket for us, was great on the pitch and in the pub after , but ignored you if he walked into the factory for some reason.

Speaking of playing cricket and industrial relations at Pork Farms, they were very good to me when it came to sports. As I worked 'late afters' (2.00pm -10.30pm) my hours always clashed with my Cricket and Pool but I was always 'excused' and allowed to play for the company on full pay !! Now that was a great feeling , getting changed into company 'whites', clocking on, working 2 hours, getting changed back into 'civvies' , catching the coach, changing into Cricket 'whites' , playing a match , into the pub, and home by 10.00pm and being paid for a full shift !!! The same went for Pool , in 1984 we won the "Northern Foods" tournament that involved travelling to Wisbeach (Of all places) for the final, (I would love to have said it was in "The Wembly Arena" or some such place, but no it was in some social club in a semi rural Cambrigeshire town, really glamourous!!) We won, with me being the hero and winning the last frame to give us a 5-4 win !! (Shame I can't say the same for Cricket....LOL) And because we didn't get back to Queens Drive till 11.30pm (And I'd missed the last bus) I got an hours overtime and a free taxi home .

So like I said , not a bad place to work for!!

I've moved this to a more appropriate forum Mick.

I worked next door for a good few years at Pork Farms Queens Drive.

fair enough, I left the pizza factory 11 years ago, did you know anyone who worked at the pizza or savoury plants

Well done on the sports scene,the factory on lenton lane was the pizza factory, although they did have a spell making pizza's @ Savoury Foods, The only sports I got involved in was at savoury, we had a good Badminton team and we like you almost made a final, this was against Boots,and I was in the losing doubles match that led to our downfall,

• 2 months later...